Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Who Pitches Game 4?

"So Fla Red"

Re: Who Pitches Game 4?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Under a LOT less spotlight. Your ace gets injured on National TV and everyone knows it, then a perfectly healthy relief pitcher comes up injured? This org. is smarter than that.
    Is "W"TBS, channel 58 and 421 on the dial at 10PM on a Saturday night considered national TV

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Mike's last start. 6 ip, 4 hits, 0 runs, 3 bb, 3 k's, 86 pitches in a no decision. I'll take the glass half full thankyouverymuch. Reds for the W today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Just for the sake of argument, what if instead of dropping Cueto, they drop Simon?
    I was thinking that too, but apparently you have to get a player examined by an MLB doctor before you can clear a playoff DL. So no phantom injuries.

And Leake pitched his best game of the year against the Giants.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I realize that Mike is our #5 this year, but come on people...you're acting like he's a garbage heap pitcher! Leake is very capable of having a VERY good outing. Show a LITTLE positivity...sheesh!

Added offense too. Leake a great hitting pitcher, Navarro with considerably more pop than Hanigan and Frazier for Rolen adds even more pop. Unless Mike implodes, I like our chances today.

Leake here is the right move IMO. We need 5 good innings out of him and he is more than capable of that.

Our offense should be able to give any of our pitchers enough runs off of Barry freaking Zito.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I realize that Mike is our #5 this year, but come on people...you're acting like he's a garbage heap pitcher! Leake is very capable of having a VERY good outing. Show a LITTLE positivity...sheesh!

Added offense too. Leake a great hitting pitcher, Navarro with considerably more pop than Hanigan and Frazier for Rolen adds even more pop. Unless Mike implodes, I like our chances today.
    I agree, until the 2nd half of the season many were calling Homer less than a #5 pitcher.

But Mike will be on an extremely short leash today - I think Dusty might just pull him if the Giants start hitting him hard (even outs)...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Leake here is the right move IMO. We need 5 good innings out of him and he is more than capable of that.

Our offense should be able to give any of our pitchers enough runs off of Barry freaking Zito.
    Actually I'm more worried about our offense (or lack of) than any of our pitching...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

The best thing that has happened is Dusty leaving Leake off the playoff roster. If Leake is any type of competitor and I have no reason to believe he is not, then he will use this opportunity to show Dusty he screwed up.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Leake is pretty bad at GABP, pretty bad during the day, pretty bad during the first 50 pitches thrown... I just don't know other than to say he's a fighter and can come up big when you least expect it. He's had time off to rest and should have some velocity, not that it matters too much to his game. I slate him for 4 runs today and tell Votto to find that power stroke!
    Id rather have Leake not have the extra velocity. He seems to be at his best when hes throwing 88-91. His breaking stuff seems to be farther away velocity wise when he throws at that speed than when hes up around 92-93. As long as he keeps the ball in the ballpark hes fine. I honestly think he will have a big game. I also seen in an earlier post that Navarro was playing??? I hope so. He probably will jump start this offense after its showing last night. Seems like him or Paul have come up with big hits the last 2 months.
    Last edited by DGullett35; 10-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Two previous times this season I've attended back to back games. Every time the Reds lost the first and won the second. Enough said.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Absolutely stupid to not pitch Latos in Game 4. I'm glad I said it before the game so I can't be accused of "hindsight is 20/20."

The idiot beat writers that cover the Reds kept saying "Latos has never pitched on 3 days rest." Uh, he threw 4 innings on Saturday. FOUR INNINGS FOUR DAYS AGO. Let's not pretend he was coming off some 100+ pitch outing on Saturday. He threw four innings. He could have and should have pitched today on three days rest. Instead, we have to go into a do-or-die Game 5 with the Giants holding ALL the momentum. This is a mini-version of the Yankees collapse to the Red Sox in 2004. Absolutely amazing. Mike Leake should have never started this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Absolutely stupid to not pitch Latos in Game 4. I'm glad I said it before the game so I can't be accused of "hindsight is 20/20."

The idiot beat writers that cover the Reds kept saying "Latos has never pitched on 3 days rest." Uh, he threw 4 innings on Saturday. FOUR INNINGS FOUR DAYS AGO. Let's not pretend he was coming off some 100+ pitch outing on Saturday. He threw four innings. He could have and should have pitched today on three days rest. Instead, we have to go into a do-or-die Game 5 with the Giants holding ALL the momentum. This is a mini-version of the Yankees collapse to the Red Sox in 2004. Absolutely amazing. Mike Leake should have never started this game.
    I would rather have Latos on full(er) rest in game 5 than less rest in game 4 with Leake pitching game 5. The issue is that Dusty left Leake in too long and didn't go to his bullpen (namely LeCure) earlier.

I still think Leake was the right move. The problem was not pulling him after 4 and putting Arredondo in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Instead of a new thread, I'll pose the ? here. Assuming the Reds do advance, do you run Leake out for game 4 in the NLCS? Are there really any other options? Cingrani? Not me. LeCure? Again, I wouldn't. Valdez? Maybe where he has the most value . Redmond? No. Chapman? Whoops, wrong year. Hoover? There are absolutely no alternatives to Mike Leake. And I do not like Leake, and because of his department store foolery, root against him to do well. So Mat Latos, pitch your rear off tomorrow and let us (me) complain about Mike Leake in game 4, a game I hope they win 11 - 10.

Turn Off Ads?