Thread: Who Pitches Game 4?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Who Pitches Game 4?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    On short rest...
    I'd take Arroyo and Latos on short rest over Mike Leake on any amount of rest.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    And I think that is probably the right call.....

I hate to burn the pen all the way up today or run a combo of Latos/Arroyo out there on short rest....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

If they're still not sure on Cueto, I bet they DL someone else though.

I bet the Reds rue the decision to not put Leake on the roster to start the LDS.

You dance withe the one who brung you. Latos as long as he can go with LeCure pitching multiple innings.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Leake on a short leash. Latos or LeCure or Simon ready to go right away.

By the way, have you guys seen the ticket prices on Stubhub for today? Yowzers. Glad I already sold my tix for close to face value.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    If Cueto can't go today, I think you have to go Leake. You can't got Lecure or Simon for fear of burning up your entire pen in a game 4. I'd much, much rather have Latos in game 5 on full rest than take the chance of burning him game 4 in short rest and have no idea who I throw in 5.
    While I'm not a fan of burning up the pen, would it be reasonable to burn up the three "long relievers" (Lecure, Simon, Arrendondo) today but have Arroyo ready to go in relief tomorrow as a worst case scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Leake on a short leash. Latos or LeCure or Simon ready to go right away.

By the way, have you guys seen the ticket prices on Stubhub for today? Yowzers. Glad I already sold my tix for close to face value.
    Yep, I just got a view level seat for $17.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Fox Sports is showing a Zito vs. Latos matchup on their preview.

If you have to lose Cueto because he's probably not available for next series, I'm in the "Leake on a short leash" camp. You don't want to put all your eggs in the short rest basket, gotta keep Latos in your hip pocket for Game 5. We should be able to get some runs off Zito and a SF bullpen that just used two key guys for two innings last night.

If it is Leake, then that pretty much tells us that the Cueto injury was making him unlikely available for the next series anyhow. Hopefully we get good Leake for 5, get a lead, and try to ride the bullpen home.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Fox Sports is showing a Zito vs. Latos matchup on their preview.
    I saw on twitter that the Reds were going to DL Cueto and it would be Leake.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I saw on twitter that the Reds were going to DL Cueto and it would be Leake.
    I saw that too. That's not a good sign for the rest of the playoffs. If they don't even think he can come back for a game 5 or 6, which wouldn't be for another 10-12 days, I can't imagine they expect to have him at all.

That said, I realize it's probably Leake, but I'm still throwing my two cents in for Latos. Short rest after a short outing, but I have no doubt he would be a better option than Leake. And Arroyo has proven he's fine on three days rest if there's a Game 5. If Latos shows any sign of struggle (he won't), warm LeCure up.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I would go with Latos and Lecure to cover 7 innings or so for today. It's hard to be confident in Leake right now. Then Arroyo tomorrow.

Many of us suggested keeping Leake on the roster because he provides flexibility as a starter, long man, even a pinch hitter or runner. They should have done this IMO.

If it's Leake, let's hope he has a great game.

I think Latos could go 80 pitches at least. I hope these hitters have not reverted back to swing for the fences mode here. They were taking great swings and working counts better in SF. They should be patient with Zito and hit him but of course...I can see Leake being hit as well.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Anyone else notice the irony that we don't have a starting pitcher miss a start all year ... and then our ace gets hurt 0.1 innings into the first playoff game.

Oh well, we're still in the driver's seat. Let's finish off the Giants today/tonight.

Turn Off Ads?