Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Let's Move On....

  1. #1
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,685

    Let's Move On....

    Yeah....BP, Rolen, Brox, Hanny, Dusty

    Let's move on. We're up 2-1 and in tremendous shape. We'll have numerous chances to insert the dagger.

    I know I'm a horrible example for what I'm asking here....but let's just move on.

    We
    Got
    This

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    254

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Simon to start game 4 !!

  4. #3
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ol'Sparky View Post
    Simon to start game 4 !!
    Is he really? Lol

    Could there be more reasons to have Leake on this roster.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Let's Move On....

    That choke job was horrendous. We better win game 4 or this could get real ugly.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Yeah....BP, Rolen, Brox, Hanny, Dusty

    Let's move on. We're up 2-1 and in tremendous shape. We'll have numerous chances to insert the dagger.

    I know I'm a horrible example for what I'm asking here....but let's just move on.

    We
    Got
    This
    I predict many people panicking of a collapse. I say take it one out at a time. We have the upper hand, if we lose it, than we DESERVE to lose it.


    Right now, just enjoy were Reds fans, and not Giant fans who are fighting for tomorrow like nobody's business.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    826

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Moving on do you come back with Leake tomorrow? I say you DL Cueto & pitch Leake & here are the reasons:

    1. Homer pitched tonight so you throw a pitcher that doesn't throw as hard, if you have to go to a game five you come back with Latos (hard thrower) on his regular rest.

    2. Have to win NLDS to even play in NLCS. Besides, I think you can win the NLCS without Cueto. Latos, Arroyo, & Homer all pitching well so why worry if you can't use Johnny in NLCS.

    Anybody else, what do you think?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Moving on do you come back with Leake tomorrow? I say you DL Cueto & pitch Leake & here are the reasons:

    1. Homer pitched tonight so you throw a pitcher that doesn't throw as hard, if you have to go to a game five you come back with Latos (hard thrower) on his regular rest.

    2. Have to win NLDS to even play in NLCS. Besides, I think you can win the NLCS without Cueto. Latos, Arroyo, & Homer all pitching well so why worry if you can't use Johnny in NLCS.

    Anybody else, what do you think?
    A rotation with Cueto is a rotation that's better and more likelier to obtain a world series apperance than a rotation without cueto..your ace..who has been dominant all season long...

    Perfect scenario in my opinion is to DL Simon and call up Leake. Best option, pretty much the only option IMO.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    826

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    A rotation with Cueto is a rotation that's better and more likelier to obtain a world series apperance than a rotation without cueto..your ace..who has been dominant all season long...

    Perfect scenario in my opinion is to DL Simon and call up Leake. Best option, pretty much the only option IMO.
    Can you DL Simon if he isn't injured?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Can you DL Simon if he isn't injured?
    You can always fake an injury...I doubt MLB is that strict regarding that...I hope at least.

  11. #10
    EMAW
    Guest

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Arredondo had to have pulled some muscle pitching on that cool night in Frisco

  12. #11
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Love the Simon for Leake idea but don't think it's such a simple (or low risk) thing to fake an injury. Don't think it's something we'll see happen actually.

    And the Cueto question (to DL or not to DL) is one impossible for us to answer without fuller information. Information the team itself may be lacking. Normally, an oblique strain isn't a one or two week recovery. But we just don't know.

    In conclusion, and purely because the better options don't seem realistic to me, Latos.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  13. #12
    Member Over da Pence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    43

    Re: Let's Move On....

    I'll be ready.

  14. #13
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Over da Pence View Post
    I'll be ready.
    How's your calve?

  15. #14
    Member Over da Pence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    43

    Re: Let's Move On....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    How's your calve?

    I feel good, just a small cramp

  16. #15
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Over da Pence View Post
    I feel good, just a small cramp
    That time of the month?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25