Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who will start Game 4?

Who will start Game 4?

I see a few options.

A. Fake an injury, (aka Simon) and add leake on the roster
    B. Let Cueto Pitch..if he's physically able to..then go with a combo of lecure/simon
    C. Let Latos start Game 4

My issue is this. If we start Latos game 4, and we lose that game. And we need a game 5..well, I love Bronson...But, with short rest, in GABP..just smells like trouble to me.

Such a headache.
    Last edited by RedTruck; 10-09-2012 at 09:59 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who will start Game 4?

Has to be Latos.

Can't be Cueto given the oblique and clearly they're struggling to decide whether to DL him.

Can't fake an injury. That's a bit silly. And very risky.

Leake only possible if they DL Cueto. And, given the late hour, doesn't look too likely since they must think he'd be usable for LCS.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Has to be Latos.

Can't be Cueto given the oblique and clearly they're struggling to decide whether to DL him.

Can't fake an injury. That's a bit silly. And very risky.

Leake only possible if they DL Cueto. And, given the late hour, doesn't look too likely since they must think he'd be usable for LCS.
    I don't know..Latos in Game 4..using your best chip...ugh, I don't know. I would save Latos, I mean do we really rely on arroyo if game 5 becomes reality? Or do we rely on the horse that's always been dominant against the Giants.

It's such a tricky situation.

You have to find somehow, some way to start Leake tomorrow. He was lights out against that lineup in the season and it puts Latos on his normal rest. As good as Bronson was the other day, I want no part of him against Cane

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    You have to find somehow, some way to start Leake tomorrow. He was lights out against that lineup in the season and it puts Latos on his normal rest. As good as Bronson was the other day, I want no part of him against Cane
    He wasn't really lights out. He had a complete game, yes. But the Giants had plenty of opportunities and left many men on base. I like Leake...but

Bailey said in an interview that Leake is starting tomorrow.

IMO it will be Leake on a short leash. Remember, the Reds are still in the driver seat and can afford to allow Latos to get his rest for a potential Thursday game. Also, if Leake falters, you have two long guys in LeCure and Simon available to eat up innings and protect your back end bullpen guys.

Leake almost makes too much sense for tomorrow.

He he he. I'm got u guys tonight, despite my hurt calve. Good game.

We are hungry and I the Hunter am hunting for another victory tomorrow. Now if you guys pull it off I'll be a good sport. But we are hungry and ready to come alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Over da Pence View Post
    He he he. I'm got u guys tonight, despite my hurt calve. Good game.

We are hungry and I the Hunter am hunting for another victory tomorrow. Now if you guys pull it off I'll be a good sport. But we are hungry and ready to come alive.
    Proper spelling and grammar are essential for good message board trash talk. This is not good message board trash talk.

Mike Leake and the BP, need to save Latos for game 5 so he will be rested if needed and if not needed can go in the NLCS since we are likely to be without Johnny Cueto which totally blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Proper spelling and grammar are essential for good message board trash talk. This is not good message board trash talk.

I'm not talking trash though. You guys may end up winning the world series. But I will be ready tomorrow. There is no guarantee and it's going to be tough.

There is no sense to pitch Latos in Game 4 on short rest when the Reds still have the upper hand in the series. I trust Leake against Zito tomorrow. If not, then the Reds still have Latos on full rest against Cain on Thursday.

You DL Cueto. If he's still not sure how he feels 3 days after his injury then he's not going to be ready to pitch in the NLCS. With the way this medical staff operates I'll be surprised if he's ready by spring training.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

Quote Originally Posted by Eric in IL View Post
    There is no sense to pitch Latos in Game 4 on short rest when the Reds still have the upper hand in the series. I trust Leake against Zito tomorrow. If not, then the Reds still have Latos on full rest against Cain on Thursday.

It doesn't matter who we face tomorrow. We're just happy to have a tomorrow.

No Leake unless you DL Cueto.

Can't even speculate on Cueto since just too much unknown. The 3-day-uncertainty-so-won't-be-ready-for-NLCS theory simply isn't based on anything.

Will be clear soon enough.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Turn Off Ads?