Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frazier in Game 4?

Re: Frazier in Game 4?

Scotty's friend here & I don't care who you start...If you can win with Frazier then do it...I just want to win...but never think that Frazier is a better third baseman than Scotty...maybe he will be someday after he gets his eighth gold glove...Maybe Frazier starts & looks like an allstar...I'll root for him like crazy...I JUST WANT TO WIN!! But if you blame that loss totally on Scott then you're a fool....4 hits & he was one of them & he got robbed of a walk...By the way Frazier has been up twice & doesn't have a hit...but....if he gets hot...I'll be the first person to say put him in!! Just remember he is 26 & never played in a playoff game & he was awful in Sept...even worse than Scott...At the moment I'm more concerned about Votto looking injured...really injured...Stubbs...well almost everyone...We should have had hits tonight & no one stepped up...Add Leake to it & I almost throw up....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    8 gold gloves is in the past. This current edition of Rolen is miles away from gold glove caliber. He has 2 errors in 3 games, but he should have 3! Remember game 1 when BP dove behind first backing up the play & saved extra bases? That was Rolen's throw & had the runner gone to 3rd, it's error #3. Not even Encarnacion was that terrible.

Frazier is 0-2? Because he's pinch-hitting. Cold. Give him 4 AB per game.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

It will be interesting to see what Dusty does. In limited abs, Frazier (3-5) has fared better vs. Zito than Rolen (2-7). Votto (.167) is about the only Red who has not handled Zito.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Hmmm. I don't know. Unlike football, where your D can run a pick back for a TD or you have a wonky thin guy on the sidelines who can kick for a score, in baseball, if you have no offense, you lose. If you have terrible defense, you can still win (Braves Wildcard fiasco notwithstanding). Maybe baseball in 2050 will let the fielding team earn half-run credits for robbing a HR or making ESPN's Top 10 Plays list.

Academic debate I suppose.
    You can also have an outstanding defense and a crappy offense and win games...just look at our record this year man. For either way to be done you have to be either REALLY REALLY good on defense, or REALLY REALLY good on defense. Jus sayin man!!!

I'd also like to see Heisey out there. But, Heisey & Frazier > Stubbs & Rolen all year. Yet the latter is still starting.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    Scotty's friend here & I don't care who you start...If you can win with Frazier then do it...I just want to win...but never think that Frazier is a better third baseman than Scotty...maybe he will be someday after he gets his eighth gold glove...Maybe Frazier starts & looks like an allstar...I'll root for him like crazy...I JUST WANT TO WIN!! But if you blame that loss totally on Scott then you're a fool....4 hits & he was one of them & he got robbed of a walk...By the way Frazier has been up twice & doesn't have a hit...but....if he gets hot...I'll be the first person to say put him in!! Just remember he is 26 & never played in a playoff game & he was awful in Sept...even worse than Scott...At the moment I'm more concerned about Votto looking injured...really injured...Stubbs...well almost everyone...We should have had hits tonight & no one stepped up...Add Leake to it & I almost throw up....
    for someone who admonished us to keep it positive, you seem to be throwing a few Reds under the bus in your defense of Rolen.

That play by Rolen should have been ruled a hit. That was tough, tough play to make and if Arias had been of average speed, Rolen would have made it. I don't think Frazier gets it done there.

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    That play by Rolen should have been ruled a hit. That was tough, tough play to make and if Arias had been of average speed, Rolen would have made it. I don't think Frazier gets it done there.

JMO.
    It was a tough play and I am skeptical as well about Frazier making it....but an error was absolutely the correct call. It would not have taken an extrarordinary defensive effort to field it cleanly.....and if he'd fielded it cleanly, we'd have gotten the out.

I trust Dusty to make the right call - he's been perfect thus far - but if it were me, I'd go with Frazier tonight. It's not that I think Frazier is a better fielder. It's just that Rolen's advantage in this department is not nearly what it normally is. And I like Frazier's power. If we were going to win last night, it was going to be off a home run.

If Frazier were to get a start I believe it will be tonight and not tomorrow (hopefully not needed). Despite the error, a tough error to be sure though, Rolen is the better defensive player and that is where the premium is in this series.

However, also in Frazier's corner tonight, are decent stats (albeit limited) against Zito.

Frazier would have been my choice at 3B in every game, but he DEFINITELY should start tonight IMO. Probably won't though, as Dusty has a hard time distinguishing between current ability and career ability.

I think you gotta give Frazier a shot to start a game. We need something to spark the offense (again) after last night- looked too much like all our September games. Granted Rolen had one of the 4 hits last night as 'his friend' above pointed out, yet it was a dribbler that didnt reach 3b so not sure I give it that much credit when the decision between who to play today is made.

For what its worth, that was the most disappointing game I've ever attended last night, was just so let down after all the build up & excitement to watch us throw that one away with baserunning mistake, walks/hit batters/sacs, passed ball & error.

Looks like Frazier at 3B today and Navarro is catching. I'll post the lineup when it is officially out.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Looks like Frazier at 3B today and Navarro is catching. I'll post the lineup when it is officially out.
    Please do!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Rolen and Hanigan are both benched today! I'm SHOCKED!

If Hannigan doesn't allow the pass ball, Rolen's error leaves the game tied, bases loaded, two outs. Still a chance.

Regardless, the loss keeps the guys from sitting for four days before playing again. Stay fresh.

Great things are happening in Cincinnati right now! I Love it!

Go Reds!!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?