Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I still like our chances in Game 5.......

Re: I still like our chances in Game 5.......

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I will be there tomorrow. Do we need more help than that.
    Good enough to me. Will add you to the list.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

The latest:

- We're at home
    - Latos hates the Giants and tends to mow them down nicely
    - Our BP, while maybe not as rested (debateable), is still the class of the NL with maybe just the exception of Dondedondo.
    - We have the bats
    - Cain has lost a bunch of times for reasons that haven't changed; doesn't matter that it'd be the 4th time.
    - Dusty has the biggest motivation of all time to make the right calls to close out
    - Can't have both my postseason predictions proved wrong on the same day; that'd be crazy talk
    - Timmy won't be on the mound again for SF
    - Got our butts handed to us in 2010 and too many on this roster won't let it happen again. Motivation matters.
    - goreds2 (and no doubt lots of other RZers) will be at the game wiling us to victory. Laugh if you will but the 10th man also matters.

Latos is the toughest guy on this team, and I believe he has more heart than any pitcher I've seen in a while. There's a reason people compare him to Curt Schilling.

We need to wake up some bats, and we'll be fine. Don't lose hope.

We won the division with excellent pitching. We MUST get a well pitched game tomorrow. I feel we cannot give up more than 2 runs. If we do, it will be over. I'm afraid our offense just can't be counted on for any more than 3 runs.

This thread has got me fired up!

LET'S GO REDS!!

Still revising w/ thanks to posters on another thread:

- We're at home
    - Latos is as tough as they come for us. And, he hates the Giants and tends to mow them down nicely
    - Our BP, while maybe not as rested (debateable), is still the class of the NL with maybe just the exception of Dondedondo.
    - We have the bats
    - Cain has lost a bunch of times for reasons that haven't changed; doesn't matter that it'd be the 4th time.
    - Dusty has the biggest motivation of all time to make the right calls to close out
    - Can't have both my postseason predictions proved wrong on the same day; that'd be crazy talk
    - Got our butts handed to us in 2010 and too many on this roster won't let it happen again. Motivation matters.
    - goreds2 (and no doubt lots of other RZers) will be at the game wiling us to victory. Laugh if you will but the 10th man also matters.
    - Han the Man back behind the plate after being taken out in Game 4.

I'm not positive by any means, but I can think of one reason.

Jay Bruce has been "hot" Jay Bruce this postseason so far.

Because tomorrow is 10/11/12. Something special has to happen on that date.

with excellent contributions now flooding in above:

- We're at home
    - Latos is as tough as they come for us. And, he hates the Giants and tends to mow them down nicely
    - We have the bats
    - Han the Man back behind the plate after being taken out in Game 4.
    - Jay Bruce playing like Jay Bruce this postseason. Can you spell K-E-Y?
    - Game 5 on 10/11/12. If that's not prophetic in the best of ways, I don't know what is!

Adonotdondo won't pitch

U guys are a good team. I wish you the best. I will be motivating my team as well

Hunter Pence was one of my favorite Astros. I stood around him several times down here in Houston when they were having giveaways. He would be handing out whatever it was that was being given out that day for five or ten minutes. His interactions with the fans were always classy. That being said, I hope he wears a golden sombrero tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?