Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tired...

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Tired...

...of some of the posters on this board. I left the ESPN boards because of trolls and negativity. Im serioudly considering moving on here also. There are many good posters on here, but there are far too many that get me soo damn frustrated by the constant bashing of our players and manager. I understand what a message board is...its a mixture of personalities. Guys like The Rage, BRM, and the numerous new guys that have came on in the last few months are killing my will to post on here. I will probly stick around long enough to see what the changes are that Boss has in sto. Dont take this as an I hate this site rant...its not... I love it. The actions of a few are bringing it down for me. GO REDS!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tired...

I'm not sure calling specific people out publicly is the best way to handle it. If you see site rules clearly being broken, as we've always stressed, please report them (which is anonymous) so the admins and moderators have a chance to review.

We just like to have fun. It does you no good to leave. It's all fun anyways.

There's an ignore feature on here, I think. I've used it in the past. Also, realize a lot of real-life level-headed people sound over the top on here. That's because they come here just to vent.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

+1 on ukwazoo

Also,

- law of large numbers: never going to love everyone in a large group. different views and ways of communicating are unavoidable and, more important, usually enriching

- perspective. remember, as hard core as many of we fans here are, this is baseball. A game. An important but small part of life. Lots of good people sometimes say things the wrong way.

- relativity. where else better? This feels as good a forum for reds fanatics as any I've found. Not perfect. Nowhere is.

- dubc, if you "love it", love it warts and all. clearly better than the board from whence you came, no?
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

The two posters you specifically named were banned on here a long time ago. And like Boss-Hog said, we can't do anything about it if it's not reported. It's impossible for us to catch everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    The two posters you specifically named were banned on here a long time ago. And like Boss-Hog said, we can't do anything about it if it's not reported. It's impossible for us to catch everything.
    Thanks...I have recently found the ignore button and will start utilizing it for overly obnoxious people. Plus with the whole Reds losing thing it was bringing me down with the way some of these people were posting about our team....oh well, I can just ignore them now....thanks man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Thanks...I have recently found the ignore button and will start utilizing it for overly obnoxious people. Plus with the whole Reds losing thing it was bringing me down with the way some of these people were posting about our team....oh well, I can just ignore them now....thanks man!!!
    Can't use the ignore button for the on-field results though.

By all means though, you certainly can ignore the messengers.

St.Louis is still in the playoffs though, no matter how many people are on your ignore list.

If you don't want anyone "bringing you down" I think your best bet is to put the past 22 years of Cincinnati Sports on your ignore list. Because people are certainly going to talk about it, and (gasp) they may do so objectively, which as a result may be (gasp) negative.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 10-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

This is a site with an enormous number of posters. The way I look at it, I can't read all the posts anyway(at least I'd sure better not) so skipping past the overly negative and hateful ones makes the site less overwhelming so I gladly do it. You know the one trick ponies who have nothing new to add...you'll miss nothing by passing them over

There's a theory called "Great Internet F-Wad" which says that basically the more you read on the Internet, the more you're likely to find people who behave like, well, F-Wads. Doesn't matter where you go. You pretty much just learn to deal with it unless you choose not to use Internet forums at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Can't use the ignore button for the on-field results though.

By all means though, you certainly can ignore the messengers.

St.Louis is still in the playoffs though, no matter how many people are on your ignore list.

If you don't want anyone "bringing you down" I think your best bet is to put the past 22 years of Cincinnati Sports on your ignore list. Because people are certainly going to talk about it, and (gasp) they may do so objectively, which as a result may be (gasp) negative.
    Cardinals fan disguised as a Reds fan...dude you are always negative!!! Well guess what pal......you have found my ignore list!!!

Turn Off Ads?