Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I hope Latos starts the game tomorrow and....

I hope Latos starts the game tomorrow and....

Drills Pagan on the first pitch. Latos hates the Giants and every player on this roster should at this point. Someone needs to send the Giants a message. This team needs some emotion at times but that's why I would rather have Latos pitching tomorrow then any other pitcher.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I hope Latos starts the game tomorrow and....

I missed the game tonight, had to work. What did Pagan do?

Pagan just hit us hard today. Nothing untoward.

Agree we need to "send a message." By winning the game. Nothing else should be the focus and beaning someone without real reason just distracts from that end imho. Hopefully Latos agrees and can channel that Giant hatred into a few more mph on the fastball.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

I just hope the "I hate the Giants" Latos shows up, and not the "first month of the season" Latos.

It's just killing me that the effing Cardinals are still in it, and looking to steamroll their way into the WS again...

Bigtime not-a-Cardinal fan here too but, after seeing them close up today in DC, have to admit, however reluctantly, that they're a stocked team firing on all cylinders at just the right time. Carpenter was especially concerning to me as a fan of the Reds and Nats.

If the Cards roll to WS, it'll be for no other reason than they were better than the other teams they faced.

But that's getting ahead of ourselves. I'm hoping (though not overly bullish it'll happen) the Nats will equalize tomorrow. They pulled plenty of rabbits out of hats this season to get to 98 wins. Whether they do it tomorrow is totally on the shoulders of usually-good Detwiler and rest of team.

Beyond the Nats, the Reds are likely to win tomorrow (imho) and then will likely face the Cardinals. We'll generate lots and lots of posts when that scenario comes to pass but, suffice to say, I like (if not love) our chances there too.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

IF, the boys win tomorrow, and for me that's a huge, honking, flashing red light IF, and the Cards do go on, I hope the mods put a clampdown on new members, after the last Reds-Cardinals debacle. We had a mega crap-ton of trolls show up, and the board was a mess.

I deal enough with that crap at work, I sure as hell don't want it on my "safe" Reds home.

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    Drills Pagan on the first pitch. Latos hates the Giants and every player on this roster should at this point. Someone needs to send the Giants a message. This team needs some emotion at times but that's why I would rather have Latos pitching tomorrow then any other pitcher.
    Risky little game...Pagan is no slouch. Last year when he was with the Mets some guy beside us in sect 145 was heckling the crap out of him the first two innings......by the 6th inning he had a HR, double, 5 RBI, highlight catch.

I know what you're saying....but letting the first guy on in a deciding game....let's just give him on 0/4 and a trip to home for the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I missed the game tonight, had to work. What did Pagan do?
    Pagan is the leadoff hitter
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    Pagan is the leadoff hitter
    I can see why you're wanting to make an impact, but drilling Pagan is SO not what needs to happen. You don't piss a team off with the first batter--especially a team that's already on a roll.

Then mow down the side obviously Haha
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Turn Off Ads?