Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BELIEVE: Keys to Game 5

BELIEVE: Keys to Game 5

1) Take the fight to the Giants - The Reds need to regain some focus and avoid having the pressure of disappointing the home fans. Best way is to get out to an early lead, and keep adding on! (so easy!)

2) Latos going 5 innings or more with 2 runs or less - The Reds simply cannot be counted on to score 5 runs in this environment. I think the hoss will be looking for scalps tomorrow.

3) Votto needs to choke down - enough choking up! wth?

4) The attitude of the team needs to pick up. I think there was visible let down after Tuesday and they let it carry into game 4. Not again. It's time to hit the reset button.

5) Fans need to 'hang with'm' during any early rough patches. The Cincinnati sports fan psyche is a very delicate thing and needs to stay loose and positive!

6) Leadership - Rolen & Votto need to clean it up in the field and finish some rallies at the plate.

I don't know what else. Trying to change the focus from eating our guts out about life as a poor Cincinnati sports fan. Not going to work. It's totally corrosive. If you're going to the game tomorrow, have courage, cheer your heart out, and bring us home some winnin'! WE CAN DO THIS! JUST SAY NO TO SAN FRANCISCO!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: BELIEVE: Keys to Game 5

If Latos only goes 5 innings, the Reds are in trouble, IMO. I think he needs to go 7 or more at his very best.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Agree 100%

Reset the momentum and reset for the NLCS. Latos will get the attitude shift started, and he seems to make it carry over to the rest of the guys.

ONE GAME.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

ONE GAME!

Yes, that's exactly it!

This is no different than a tournament game in any other sport. Every little thing will be important, but the team that shows focused action and aggression will win! Stay Hungry Cincinnati!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Here's my key to Game 5:

WIN

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Decided to quit being depressed and control my mind and my thoughts. I'm going to think about it not being over until that moment is certain.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Here's my key to Game 5:

WIN
    LOL, you sound hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Decided to quit being depressed and control my mind and my thoughts. I'm going to think about it not being over until that moment is certain.
    < It's a beautiful thing.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I guess I'm just old. Alot of you young'uns are going off the deep end just a bit.

Thankfully, I vividly remember '75, '76, and '90. If you endured the '75 World Series, then this current situation is nothing. If it's meant to be. It'll be. But it's not the end of the world.

Adversity has made this team stronger. Hopefully that strength reappears tomorrow.

I mean, Latos is going to throw a shutout tomorrow. There's nothing to worry about.

I don't know if they are going to win or lose tomorrow but I will be dammed if I am going to go down sobbing like a 9 year old little girl because we might lose tomorrow !!!

Stand up, grow a pair and act like a man for Christsakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I don't know if they are going to win or lose tomorrow but I will be dammed if I am going to act like many on this board and go down sobbing like a 9 year old little girl because we might lose tomorrow !!!

Hell yeah!!! You tell 'em George!

We've only just begun: http://youtu.be/p_LEBOhtImA

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I don't know if they are going to win or lose tomorrow but I will be dammed if I am going to go down sobbing like a 9 year old little girl because we might lose tomorrow !!!

Absolutely. The guys have played 166 games, weathering storms that would extinguish the season of a lesser team. They are one of the best teams in the history of the franchise. Stick around for 167.

Turn Off Ads?