Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

Re: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

I hate how all these writers are making us out to be the worst fans in sports. How many SF fans stuck around in game 2? Plus, I went on the Tigers boards to get a sense of those fans and there were some malignant comments on there. Half of them say they aren't even going to watch game 5. 'F' this team, etc.

Any passionate fan base is prone to emotional outbursts when they feel their team isn't getting it done. I don't fully agree with booing, but that's only a handful of people. Now Joe Strauss has taken to Twitter to criticize Reds fans.
    Votto for MVP

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

I hate Joe Strauss. So pompous. C Trent has stooped low here, but I think he's just trying to call out the crazy people.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

You know how to avoid fans booing you?

Don't lose three straight at home in the playoffs.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

San Francisco fans rule. They cheer everything. Even injuries.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Crying to C. Trent and then going on Twitter to rip fans does not seem like the behavior of a team ready to play a decisive Game 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

I distinctly remember booing the game after winning ten straight. It's a bad fan base.

I gotta say, I read C Trent's article and unfortunately, many of the dozens of new threads floating around RedsZone after Tuesday's loss, seem to simply prove that what he is saying about the fans is true. It seems that the only way most fans are going to be happy is if this team goes 162-0 and win every game by a 10-0 score.

And yes, it does seem that Cincinnati sports teams seem jinxed at times by weird events. But I have watched sports for over 45 years, and every team that wins a championship usually has a little bit of "luck" - even if that "luck" is a rival team hit by the injury bug. I have seen a lot of losses by Cincinnati sports teams due to one pitch, one error, one missed tackle, one bad punt, etc.

To me, its just a game, and if the Reds lose today, we've had a great year, and unless the Mayan calendar thing is correct and December is the Apocalypse, then pitchers and catchers will report in February to start on next season.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Except for St. Louis, I don't think the REDS get booed much on the road. Bruce shouldn't be confused.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Dear C. Trent:

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether I'm reading a CBS Sports article or a gossip rag.

Dear Jay:

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether I'm watching the '27 Yankees or the '12 Cubs.

We all have our low points. Cincinnati fans aren't exempt from that. Same goes for C. Trent and Bruce.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Cincy sports is saturated with negativity. From talk radio to Franchester, it lingers in the air like humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Cincy sports is saturated with negativity. From talk radio to Franchester, it lingers in the air like humidity.
    Sport is saturated with negativity. Being an OSU fan I am used to crushing defeat. Florida, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, Kansas, you name it. I can't think of one fan base that would be happy with last nights performance. Arredondo comes in and allows the game to be broken open, are we supposed to say "You did your best!"

I don't understand when athletes get this high and mighty attitude when they lay an egg in the biggest moment.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous article and extremely poor journalism. I was at yesterday's game and while there was a vocal MINORITY that booed there was an overwhelming majority of the 44,000+ in attendance (third best crowd in GABP history) that was cheering like crazy for our Reds.

are we supposed to say "You did your best!"
    No one is suggesting that.

I don't think the booing was particularly directed at Jose Arredondo. I think it was just general venting at that moment that a 2-0 series lead is now heading to a deciding game.

How about not swinging on the 1st pitch after back to back walks? That would cut down on some boos. How about these guys do what worked for them in SF....and not try to jack homers.

The Cueto and Palmer comparison of first plays taking out your players..... is just too numbskulling to comprehend...beacuse it did cost them now...but they still had a 2-0 lead.

Turn Off Ads?