Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C. Trent Rosecrans with his typical garbage

C. Trent Rosecrans with his typical garbage

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/2...ng-out-on-reds

The stadium was rocking in support of the team during Tuesday's game. It got silent after the Giants scored the go-ahead run in the 10th? You think? Maybe it was the first game that Rosecrans has ever attended. I am thinking most stadiums would have had the air let out of them at that point. What did he expect? Cheers?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: C. Trent Rosecrans with his typical garbage

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/2...ng-out-on-reds

The stadium was rocking in support of the team during Tuesday's game. It got silent after the Giants scored the go-ahead run in the 10th? You think? Maybe it was the first game that Rosecrans has ever attended. I am thinking most stadiums would have had the air let out of them at that point. What did he expect? Cheers?
    In fairness, C.Trent was a Reds beat writer for the Post before it went under so he does have experience with GABP crowds.

In fairness, it was garbage. Look at this.

Those 25 men in the Reds dugout believe, but they might be the only people in Cincinnati with that hope.
    That is stupid. Yes, there is a small percentage that think it is over. But I think most
    Reds' fans feel they have a pretty good shot with Latos on the mound. Only the 25 men in the dugout believe? Please. That is crap.

More Rosecrap.

But you could tell the pessimistic mood of the crowd Tuesday -- when Brandon Phillips ran the team out of a potential big first inning.
    People thought it was a dumb play. I really don't recall many people throwing up their hands and saying the team can't win now. A minority, make that a small minority, at best felt that way. From the looks of the crowd on the tube they were pretty pumped up
    still.

He also tweeted no one has ever said that about Cards fans (in response to part of Jay's quote). Umm, Tyler Greene did just earlier this year when Cards fans booed the *bleep* out of him.

I actually like C Trent most of the time, but this isn't really the time to write that even if he has a point. If we lose tomorrow it could be written then.

I do agree that Cincinnati fans are more pessimistic than most, at least compared to the other fans I know. I know it's speaking generally and obviously not everyone is, but I think it's the truth. The moment Cueto got hurt I could see all over Twitter...Kenyon's leg...Carson's knee... And I'm not one to say people shouldn't boo, they pay good money to go to games, I just think it's a little rough to do it in game 4 of the playoffs. And I don't have any issues with Jay saying what he said, he's one of the team leaders and I'm sure it bothered some of the players. He wouldn't have said anything if it didn't.

But for C Trent to write it now just stirs the pot when it doesn't need stirring. I know he's a national writer now, but he still has some Cincinnati ties.

Big deal. Some Yankees fans booed Soriano when he blew his first save in umpteen tries after replacing Rivera. Booing ARod is more of a pasttime now than the Seventh Inning Stretch. Yet no one complains about Yankee fans and the players love playing at Yankee Stadium.

I think we are on the other side of the media pendulum right now. After Game Two, we were an unstoppable force....yet today, we couldn't win today if it was the Astros in the opposing dugout.

The good news is that the prevailing media narrative is never a predictor of what actually happens in a game.

The game will be decided by Latos' ability to hold the Giants down, our ability to get a few hits with runners on base and then, possibly, our bullpen doing what they've been doing all year long.

Booing your team is a shame. To claim it's justified because a fan pays money just baffles me. A parent pays for their kid's uniform, equipment, and league fees, etc. Why aren't they booing if nothing comes of it??

I know of 20 teams who would do anything for even a chance at the postseason. And they don't need a lost decade to be grateful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post
    Booing your team is a shame. To claim it's justified because a fan pays money just baffles me. A parent pays for their kid's uniform, equipment, and league fees, etc. Why aren't they booing if nothing comes of it??

I know of 20 teams who would do anything for even a chance at the postseason. And they don't need a lost decade to be grateful for it.

Probably 95 percent of baseball fans totally agree with you. But 5 percent don't and they're the ones doing all the booing. What are you going to do?

I actually like C Trent most of the time, but this isn't really the time to write that even if he has a point.
    Except he didn't (doesn't) have a point. What he wrote was trash. Does he honestly believe that the only people that think the Reds can win are the 25 players in the clubhouse? If he does believe that he must have taken a foul ball off the cranium late in game two. To write something that ignorant is pretty much unimaginable.

Except he didn't (doesn't) have a point. What he wrote was trash. Does he honestly believe that the only people that think the Reds can win are the 25 players in the clubhouse? If he does believe that he must have taken a foul ball off the cranium late in game two. To write something that ignorant is pretty much unimaginable.
    Why would a writer who is not already famous (B. Olney, P. Gammons, and the like) publish anything that wasn't inflammatory? Logical, sensible, etc... is not sexy and will not make a splash.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Why would a writer who is not already famous (B. Olney, P. Gammons, and the like) publish anything that wasn't inflammatory? Logical, sensible, etc... is not sexy and will not make a splash.
    For credibility? Journalistic standards? Why would anyone take anything C. Trent writes seriously now? I certainly won't.

For credibility? Journalistic standards? Why would anyone take anything C. Trent writes seriously now? I certainly won't.
    Those traits are long since outdated and don't get you contracts at the World Wide Leader. See Skip Bayless, Jim Rome, Steven A. Smith, and majority of the other clowns at the Mothership.

Just b/c you won't take him seriously means nothing. You also more than likely don't watch the Kardashians and Jersey Shore, but that doesn't keep those shows from airing and making America dumber very day.

Once again, intelligence doesn't sell. Train wrecks do.

Hey Dave: I told you back in April we should have signed Ibanez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Hey Dave: I told you back in April we should have signed Ibanez.
    He will be remembered in Yankee lore for a long time for what he did.

Turn Off Ads?