Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why we WILL WIN Game 5: The Definitive List

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Re: Why we WILL WIN Game 5: The Definitive List

Mike Leake is not available to pitch.
    No one expects the butterfly

2. Turn Off Ads?

Because Latos is on the hill today and because BP, Joey, Jay, and both Ryans will lead the charge on offense.

Because every fan that passes through the turnstiles today must pinky swear that they will not boo the home team. No pinky swear, no admittance.

I had great dreams last night! Never been more excited than today. You guys are a good squad!

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Can't believe all those meaningless things didn't lead us to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Feeling a bit uncertain about tomorrow? Too focused on reasons why things might go south? Need a persuasive, evidence-based case to get you into the positive mindset you must have? This thread is for you.

After collecting contributions from all corners of RedsZone for this list of reasons why tomorrow (Thurs) will be our day in Game 5 vs the Giants, I realized it had to be its own thread. As best I can tell, this is the most comprehensive list of its kind on redszone.com! With a few thanks to Old Red Guard posters as noted:

- We're at home
    - Latos is as tough as they come for us. And, he hates the Giants and tends to mow them down nicely
    - Our BP, while maybe not as rested (debateable), is still the class of the NL with maybe just the exception of Dondedondo.
    - We have the bats
    - Cain has lost a bunch of times for reasons that haven't changed; doesn't matter that it'd be the 4th time.
    - Dusty has the biggest motivation of all time to make the right calls to close out
    - Can't have both my postseason predictions proved wrong on the same day; that'd be crazy talk
    - Timmy won't be on the mound again for SF
    - Got our butts handed to us in 2010 and too many on this roster won't let it happen again. Motivation matters.
    - goreds2 (and no doubt lots of other RZers) will be at the game wiling us to victory. Laugh if you will but the 10th man also matters.
    - Han the Man back behind the plate after being taken out in Game 4.
    - Jay Bruce playing like Jay Bruce this postseason. Can you spell K-E-Y?
    - Game 5 on 10/11/12. If that's not prophetic in the best of ways, I don't know what is!
    - The Giants are 1-5 all-time in winner-take-all postseason games. (Ghosts of 1990/ORG)
    - The Reds MUST be the ones to take it to the Yankees a la 1976!(mdccclxix/ORG w/ minor 1040757690 edits)
    - Take emotion out of it. Vegas knows! http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/ (thx again to Ghosts/ORG)
    - It's Just One Game!! (RedEye/ORG and many other ORG and Sundeckers)
    - The Reds have won 3 Worlds Championships, and played in 6 World Series in my short lifetime. (Always Red/ORG)
    - "I love this team." (VR/ORG and presumably all who inhabit RZ)
    - "I have a good feeling about tomorrow." (quote from Sonny, echoed by Kc61 and 757690 (all ORG), RedRolen and many, many others on all decks and old guards)
    - "the Reds need to win five out of the next eight games to get to the World Series? That's as close to their season winning percentage as you can possibly be over eight games." (camisadelgolf/ORG)
    - with what the Oakland A's pulled off tonight (WOW!!!) in their game 4, clearly our challenge can be overcome!

LDS GAME 5. LATOS v. CAIN.
    REDS WILL WIN. REDS WILL WIN. REDS WILL WIN.

See the difference between the G's and Reds is that G's didn't have to make a list, they just went out and played. I could have argued against your list and made my own list but then I might have jinxed it. Instead we just went out and balled. But you guys are a tough customer. Jay Bruce, an 8 minute at bat, Ludwick with his 3 dongs, and Votto playing with his hands and no knees. You guys were a tough customer for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Over da Pence View Post
    See the difference between the G's and Reds is that G's didn't have to make a list, they just went out and played. I could have argued against your list and made my own list but then I might have jinxed it. Instead we just went out and balled. But you guys are a tough customer. Jay Bruce, an 8 minute at bat, Ludwick with his 3 dongs, and Votto playing with his hands and no knees. You guys were a tough customer for us.
    Look man, you've been fun around here the last few days. But you're either slow or trolling if you think that this "list" had anything to do with the Reds or how they played the game. Or any arbitrary connection to jinxes.

It was a fan hopefully pontificating about the advantages we had on paper. Most of us are probably well aware that the game of baseball isn't played on paper.

Thank you for the comments about being tough. Thank you for being a good sport in general this week. But respectfully tread a little bit lightly here for the next few days on the differences between the Reds and the Giants or why the Reds failed. With all due respect, most people on here don't care that you "balled" or at the very least want to be reminded of it. And I've found your tone to all of a sudden be a little condescending or infantilizing.

As the fan who assembled the list, largely drawing from thoughts posted by many fans who assemble here, of course it has nothing to do with how the Reds played on the field.

It was merely an attempt to give a small boost heading into a tough game today. No different I suppose than what Hunter Pence did for his team in the clubhouse. Just a different way since we're fans on a website versus players on the scene.

BTW, the list strikes me as still largely spot on. Again,it comes from all of us. It's why we should have won. It's why we'll win next time.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post

BTW, the list strikes me as still largely spot on. Again,it comes from all of us. It's why we should have won. It's why we'll win next time.

I understand. But you gotta remember there are no guarantees. That's why all along I even said I can't guarantee that we will win, just that we will give it our all. Failure is good. Hey I experienced what everyone here did in the 02 WS with dusty. I know from that experience that there are no guarantees in baseball.

Turn Off Ads?