Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tickets For Game 5

Tickets For Game 5

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Tickets For Game 5

I know there are plenty that can't make it in due to the unforeseen early game time

But I hope Cincinnati isn't giving up that easy.

It's a 1:07 game on a Thursday after people had to take off work two straight days. Blame MLB for this fiasco. I had to sell my tickets for yesterday because I cannot just disappear from the office every afternoon this week.

But, you know, it does fit the "blame the fans" narrative that seems to be taking hold, so why not.

Working in Akron and I can't make any of these games. I would love to go to playoff games but if they don't play on the weekends I just can't make it there. Such a shame that people in Cincy can't even go because they are all day games. It's ridiculous how the MLB is scheduling this postseason.
    Votto for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    It's a 1:07 game on a Thursday after people had to take off work two straight days. Blame MLB for this fiasco. I had to sell my tickets for yesterday because I cannot just disappear from the office every afternoon this week.

But, you know, it does fit the "blame the fans" narrative that seems to be taking hold, so why not.
    This... I work in a small company and they have been very cooperative considering it's been on short notice that I wouldn't be available a lot of hours (leaving 1.5-2 hours before gametime to find a good parking space). I can make the hours up if possible - but some people can't. BTW, I might be selling my extra bleacher seat to a co-worker for parking fee ($15).
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I got tickets and I am going hell or high water.

Win or lose, it's the ride that counts. I'll yell for as long as I have a voice.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    Working in Akron and I can't make any of these games. I would love to go to playoff games but if they don't play on the weekends I just can't make it there. Such a shame that people in Cincy can't even go because they are all day games. It's ridiculous how the MLB is scheduling this postseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    This... I work in a small company and they have been very cooperative considering it's been on short notice that I wouldn't be available a lot of hours (leaving 1.5-2 hours before gametime to find a good parking space). I can make the hours up if possible - but some people can't. BTW, I might be selling my extra bleacher seat to a co-worker for parking fee ($15).
    this, this and this.

Daugherty today wanted to know why tickets are so easy to get to today's most important game, and not Opening Day, which is of course far less important.

Well, most of us are locked into a work schedule. If you know Opening Day starts at 2pm, for instance, you have months to plan around that.

When MLB gives you 24 hour notice, of and as of last night at 11pm, the game might be even be moved an hour or so from that, well that's your reason right there. Not hard to figure out.
    sorry we're boring

Tickets for the Yankees game tonight aren't exactly expensive--given the larger market and the fact that it is at 7:30.

And tickets for the Nationals game--again in a much larger market and at a more convenient time--are $20.

I sometimes think people don't get how much smaller the greater Cincinnati area is than other markets. And--as someone pointed out in the attendance thread a few weeks ago--many of the fans have to drive pretty far to see the game. They're just never going to draw like a lot of other teams do, barring a long, extended run of success like the Indians had in the 1990s.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Well, I'm self employed and all and can basically skip out whenever I want, but I have put so much stuff on the back burner the last couple days to go to those games that I really can't skip out today. I have a company to run. There are things that need to get done during business hours and some of those things can't be delegated to the dispatchers. I guess if we were all Yankee fans living in NYC, we wouldn't have these problems with the games during prime time.

Maybe next year they could consider using multiple tv channels and having games played at the same time. Seems to work with other sports.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Poor job of MLB scheduling. I am sure Reds ownership is hopping mad, but nothing they can do about it.

Now, if the city came out with an ordinance????????
    Also, if the series started in Cincinnati, the games would have been during the weekend.

I'm with everyone else here... But, I haven't had tickets to the games....

I've been skipping out on work the past 2 days early just to get home in time to watch the games.... I can't skip out again today for over half a day... Being down 2 employees is tough enough... Skipping out 3 days in row will make me work the weekend.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Turn Off Ads?