Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Insanely Cheap Tickets for Game 5 on Stubhub. <5$ a ticket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Insanely Cheap Tickets for Game 5 on Stubhub. <5$ a ticket

Did someone hack into Stubhub and drop the prices? I know some of those are SRO and the uppers, but <5$ for a seat to a game 5 winner take all playoff game? Good seats are all super low as well, just not 5$ low. I think the infield box seats were as low as 25$. And I imagine these will drop even more as we get closer to the game's start time. Basically, if you can find a way to get off work or work around your schedule, tickets are pretty much available to anyone.

Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Re: Insanely Cheap Tickets for Game 5 on Stubhub. <5$ a ticket

Under $5? Something definitely seems way off about that. Like someone's trying to pull a fast one or something.

Lots of people cant make the game. They didn't even think it would come to game 5 and they can't take off another day to make the game. Those prices don't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Lots of people cant make the game. They didn't even think it would come to game 5 and they can't take off another day to make the game. Those prices don't surprise me.
    Also, I would guess a lot of fans travelled a pretty far distance to get to one of the games (4-hr. drive one-way, game 3 for me). The cost of tickets, gas, lodging, food (and beverages), parking, make it almost impossible to attend game 4 or 5 for many. Additionally, the disappointment of game 3 may have dampened some spirits.

Let's hope the Reds can find a way to pull one out today. I would gladly sacrifice some of the grocery $$ for a trip to next round..... or maybe a shot at the World Series! Isn't that what credit cards were made for?

It makes complete sense they're so cheap.

With Tuesday's and Wednesday's games being early night games, most people who were there either took off work or left work early. With today's game being at 1 o'clock that's a 3rd day in a row to schedule around work, people just can't do it. Although it was a sellout last night there were plenty of empty seats. Had this game been a 7:30 game tickets would be much more expensive and it would be a packed house. Although I can't afford to leave early/take off yet another day of work I am debating going with the tickets I have. It's the deciding game! Support your Redlegs!!

Not surprising at all they are so cheap. I left work 2 hours early yesterday to go. I would love to go today but a little hard to justify leaving work 4 hours early to do so. I imagine many people are in the same boat.

People work and MLB just doesnt' care about fans. Period. End of story.

SF gets two weekend evening games and Cincy gets three midweek day games. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post

SF gets two weekend evening games and Cincy gets three midweek day games. Pathetic.
    Spot on. Bud cares about one thing only and that is $$$.

As a benchmark, StubHub prices for the Nats' do or die game 4 today at 4pm ET have come down but not as much as the Reds' 1pm start. The Nats/Cards Game 5 tomorrow, a game unlikely to even happen, is a 7:30pm start with tickets fully priced for that well over face in nearly all sections.

Starting times and lead time (as in, not much of it) matter alot in the ticket markets.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post

Its not really MLB's fault. If the reds were the lower seed they would be the ones getting those 2 weekend night games. Its just how it is, unfortunately.

They have played afternoon day games in the NLDS for years.

I understand people not being able to take off work to go to the games but its also stupid to buy tickets to a game that your not 100% sure you can use.

It will be interesting to see what this will potentially do to playoff tickets next year if the reds make it back. Why would anyone want to buy at face value when they are either a) eating much of that cost or b) by one on the street for next to nothing the day of.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    It will be interesting to see what this will potentially do to playoff tickets next year if the reds make it back. Why would anyone want to buy at face value when they are either a) eating much of that cost or b) by one on the street for next to nothing the day of.
    This is an excellent point. We attended 16 games this year and were seriously considering a limited season ticket package for next year. Between the changing of the start time for the Sunday LA game and this fiasco, we won't be making that purchase. I will be explaining exactly why to the ticket rep who we were working with.

Can't even dump mine for 10 bucks on stubhub. Ugh.

I' mleaving work at noon, but live in Columbus. Won't be able to make it, but truly hope the stands are packed. These guys deserve it. LET'S WIN THIS THING BOYS!!!!!!

Go Reds!!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?