Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who wins Game 5?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reds

    28 71.79%
  • Giants

    11 28.21%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,813

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    As much as I would love to see the Reds win, I am going to go with the Giants winning.

    Momentum is on the Giants' side. And if Latos isn't physically feeling 100%, and he gives up 2-3 runs, I'm just not confident in this offense to score enough runs to pull it out. I hope I am wrong. Believe me, around 4:00 this afternoon, this is one time I would love for someone to quote me and say, "I told you so!"
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,189

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    In a one game and go home situation I want Mat Latos on the mound. Guy has been nails the second half of the season and hates the Giants. I don't care who is pitching for SF I just know what if I could scrip things Mat Latos would be on the mound. He could get blown up or could pitch a no hitter. This is what I want.

  4. #18
    Beer is good!! George Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,751

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    There is no one i would rather have on the mound than Latos.

    Plus 40 years ago today the Reds won the NL Pennant in Game 5 against the Pirates on JB's HR so this day is the day for Reds greatness!!

    Reds will win!!!

    Book it Dano!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

  5. #19
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in tornado alley
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    In a one game and go home situation I want Mat Latos on the mound. Guy has been nails the second half of the season and hates the Giants. I don't care who is pitching for SF I just know what if I could scrip things Mat Latos would be on the mound. He could get blown up or could pitch a no hitter. This is what I want.
    My thoughts exactly. Honestly, I would rather have Latos here than a healthy Cueto. Latos absolutely destroys the Giants. He also seems to pitch even better the more "fired" up he gets (sorry for the footballesque definition but it makes sense in my head).

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    As much as I would love to see the Reds win, I am going to go with the Giants winning.

    Momentum is on the Giants' side. And if Latos isn't physically feeling 100%, and he gives up 2-3 runs, I'm just not confident in this offense to score enough runs to pull it out. I hope I am wrong. Believe me, around 4:00 this afternoon, this is one time I would love for someone to quote me and say, "I told you so!"
    Poll results will be public tomorrow so everyone can say they told whomever so.
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 10-11-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

  6. #20
    Have Faith In Dusty DGullett35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    712

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    As much as I would love to see the Reds win, I am going to go with the Giants winning.

    Momentum is on the Giants' side. And if Latos isn't physically feeling 100%, and he gives up 2-3 runs, I'm just not confident in this offense to score enough runs to pull it out. I hope I am wrong. Believe me, around 4:00 this afternoon, this is one time I would love for someone to quote me and say, "I told you so!"
    We must think alike because i think the same way. Im a big believer in momentum. I think Latos still pitches a hell of a game but we just wont muster enough offense. I would like to know what Dusty said to these guys before games 1 and 2. Or better yet what did Jacoby say to these guys. They scored 15 runs in 2 games and now were back to the same ol same ol. Anyway that same speech needs to be said today. I hope at 4 I am told "i told you so" too. Hopefully GABP is rockin. The Reds need some home field support to pull this out. Theres just so much to say but i hope we get it done. T-Minus 1 hour.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    We must think alike because i think the same way. Im a big believer in momentum. I think Latos still pitches a hell of a game but we just wont muster enough offense. I would like to know what Dusty said to these guys before games 1 and 2. Or better yet what did Jacoby say to these guys. They scored 15 runs in 2 games and now were back to the same ol same ol. Anyway that same speech needs to be said today. I hope at 4 I am told "i told you so" too. Hopefully GABP is rockin. The Reds need some home field support to pull this out. Theres just so much to say but i hope we get it done. T-Minus 1 hour.
    I think momentum and speeches are all overrated in baseball. The Reds had every ounce of momentum coming back to Cincinnati up 2-0, but lost two straight. If you need a speech to get ready for the playoffs, you shouldn't be on the field. The team who makes the least mistakes and gets a little bit of luck today will win.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

  8. #22
    Playoffs Cyclone792's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,271

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    In Game 5 of the 1940 World Series, the Detroit Tigers manhandled the Reds for an 8-0 victory. The Tigers Bobo Newsom threw a shutout at the Reds, and that loss put them in a 3-2 series hole.

    Imagine how Reds fans 72 years ago must have felt after all that.

    Bucky Walters took the mound in Game 6, and he scattered 5 hits in a 4-0 shutout victory. In Game 7, the Reds again faced Newsom and trailed 1-0 in the bottom of the 7th inning. But Frank McCormick led off the 7th with a double, Jimmy Ripple doubled McCormick in to tie the game, and after a sac bunt by Jimmie Wilson and an intentional walk issued to Ernie Lombardi, Billy Myers hits a fly ball to deep center to score Ripple and put the Reds on top 2-1. Derringer gives up a lone single in the 8th, then retires the Tigers in order in the 9th to win the game, 2-1.

    Mat Latos is going to pitch a helluva game today, and the Reds offense will somehow find a way to scratch and claw a few runs of support.

    This team will be going to the NLCS later this afternoon.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

    Put an end to the Lost Decade.

  9. #23
    Have Faith In Dusty DGullett35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    712

    Re: Do the Reds see game 1 of the NLCS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think momentum and speeches are all overrated in baseball. The Reds had every ounce of momentum coming back to Cincinnati up 2-0, but lost two straight. If you need a speech to get ready for the playoffs, you shouldn't be on the field. The team who makes the least mistakes and gets a little bit of luck today will win.
    Maybe your right but IMO you can almost snese momentum. I think what hurt us was the day off. If we could have played game 3 the day after game 2 we would have won IMO. That day off gave the Giants a chance to clear their heads so to speak.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25