Turn Off Ads?
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1187

Thread: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

Re: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

Out here in CA, all I can say is I'm glad I'm not alone in being depressed.

Thats helps a little ...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I know lol.

This isn't even the angry me saying this. I accepted defeat after the Posey grand slam. I've had plenty of time to calm down. I'm being completely honest when I say I would rather miss the playoffs than get eliminated the way the Reds did. The Reds made history in a bad, bad way,
    I honestly can't fathom why you'd want to watch your team suck for six months more than having the second-best record in baseball and playing meaningful games in September. I really don't get that.

Every season ends in a loss or irrelevant win for every team but one. I am surprised you'd rather watch a bad team just because it might end in one of those losses.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I have had enough of this team for a while I'm calling it a season.
    Perfect timing. So are they.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I know lol.

This isn't even the angry me saying this. I accepted defeat after the Posey grand slam. I've had plenty of time to calm down. I'm being completely honest when I say I would rather miss the playoffs than get eliminated the way the Reds did. The Reds made history in a bad, bad way,
    I disagree. Game 1 and Game 2 were a blast. Other than the slow start, the regular season was fun.
    Game 3, yep the Reds lost (Broxton, Hannigan and Rolen share blame), but it was not agonizing..

Still the best season since 1995 for me. At least we won some playoff games.
    If a fan has the attitude of "Win the world series or it's a failure" (not saying you feel that way OBM).. is baseball even fun? I mean, why torture oneself?

Seriously, it's a problem when the fans care more about winning than the players do. I know the players care, but they accepted that they did the best they can, and it just didn't work out. I doubt anyone loses sleep over this.

I don't get the scapegoating of Stubbs on this thread either.. If the playoffs hinge on a big offensive performance from the #8 hitter, the team is in trouble.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Let's not forget how UNBELIEVABLY lucky the Giants got in this series. They got to avoid the Reds' ace in Cueto and instead got to face our No. 5 pitcher in Leake since Dusty refused to go with Latos/Arroyo in Games 4/5. This is after the Reds didn't have a starting pitcher miss a start all season due to injury through 162 games. Amazing.

Also, Dusty "standing by his man" in Drew Stubbs is just amazing to me. (Shouldn't be after the Corey Patterson and Willy Taveras experiences, but it still is.) Is Chris Heisey good? I don't know. Is Chris Heisey definitely better than Drew Stubbs? Absolutely.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I disagree. Game 1 and Game 2 were a blast. Other than the slow start, the regular season was fun.
    Game 3, yep the Reds lost (Broxton, Hannigan and Rolen share blame), but it was not agonizing..

Still the best season since 1995 for me. At least we won some playoff games.
    If a fan has the attitude of "Win the world series or it's a failure" (not saying you feel that way OBM).. is baseball even fun? I mean, why torture oneself?

Seriously, it's a problem when the fans care more about winning than the players do. I know the players care, but they accepted that they did the best they can, and it just didn't work out. I doubt anyone loses sleep over this.

I don't get the scapegoating of Stubbs on this thread either.. If the playoffs hinge on a big offensive performance from the #8 hitter, the team is in trouble.
    I don't think a WS was a must, not collapsing in the most embarrassing way possible AGAIN was though.

I'm not one of those World Series or bust type of fans. That takes the fun out of it. However, when you have a 2-0 series lead heading back home and only have to win 1 of 3, and you can't do that, it makes it a failure of a season. JMO.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I wanted one series. ONE.

The rest would have been icing on the cake.

This stings. I'm shell-shocked.

Game 3 will be the biggest what if that lingers all offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Let's not forget how UNBELIEVABLY lucky the Giants got in this series. They got to avoid the Reds' ace in Cueto and instead got to face our No. 5 pitcher in Leake since Dusty refused to go with Latos/Arroyo in Games 4/5. This is after the Reds didn't have a starting pitcher miss a start all season due to injury through 162 games. Amazing.
    Had we won, I didn't like our chances against STL for this reason. And as much as this sucks, the thought of possibly seeing the cards celebrate a WS berth on our field would've been far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Had we won, I didn't like our chances against STL for this reason. And as much as this sucks, the thought of possibly seeing the cards celebrate a WS berth on our field would've been far worse.
    This... I was telling my co-workers this morning that as much as I would love to see them win today, if they did, I would feel very uncomfortable about the team advancing. IF they would have won the 3rd game instead of losing the way they did - wouldn't have those feelings at all (well some). These last three games seemed to exposed some of the Reds flaws - that over a long season sort of even out or get "pushed under the rug". A short 5 games series is such a gamble anyway. IMHO the biggest flaw was RISP (regardless of outs). You know its bad when someone points that out who has a very passing interest in the game... namely my Mom.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I don't think a WS was a must, not collapsing in the most embarrassing way possible AGAIN was though.
    Nothing embarrassing about how the Reds lost this series. They fought hard and were one swing of the bat away from winning it on Tuesday and today. If only Jay Bruce's epic 13 pitch AB ended the way Jayson Werth's ended...
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Nothing embarrassing about how the Reds lost this series. They fought hard and were one swing of the bat away from winning it on Tuesday and today. If only Jay Bruce's epic 13 pitch AB ended the way Jayson Werth's ended...
    Disagree. If for nothing else, it had never happened before in NL history. Reds won 2 games on the road and got swept at home to lose the series.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Disagree. If for nothing else, it had never happened before in NL history. Reds won 2 games on the road and got swept at home to lose the series.
    There have been 16 postseason series of five games that went 2 on the road, three at home in NL history. Really not a big deal. I bet it happens again at least once, sometime in the next 15 seasons.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    There have been 16 postseason series of five games that went 2 on the road, three at home in NL history. Really not a big deal. I bet it happens again at least once, sometime in the next 15 seasons.
    I don't know. Teams that win the first 2 games and do so on the road (which by the way, that won't even be possible in the future because of the 2:2:1 format), don't usually lose. I mean, it had only happened a few times in the AL too. San Francisco looked like a 3a team in the 1st 2 games. Reds should've closed and I think it's embarrassing that they didn't.

Man I'm so freaking down right now. I wanted to at least advance to the NLCS. This hurts.

Turn Off Ads?