Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

Resident PED Expert

Re: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

And what is the RISP BA today?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

How nice was it for the Giants this series to know they had two automatic outs back-to-back with the 8th and 9th batters? Stubbs and the pitcher.

Amazing that Dusty kept running Stubbs out there every day when it was obvious to EVERYONE that Stubbs shouldn't have been playing. Stubbs started all five games of this series! This is after his pathetic regular season and even-more-pathetic postseason.

I hope I never see him in a Reds uniform again. Include him as a throw-in on a trade like we did with Volquez. Stubbs brings negative value.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Bruce cannot play CF - per DB. And, why would you even think of wanting Frazier's bat in the lienup, just in case...
    Team is losing 16-7 in three home games and it's Dusty's fault? I know the game is frustrating, but the Dusty bashing is out of hand.

The problem is the same as it's been all year. The team has a one dimensional offense and doesn't score runs consistently. And with Votto hurt the problem is worse.

And it's not just Drew Stubbs.

Nady pops out to 2nd.

Pagan pops out to 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    How nice was it for the Giants this series to know they had two automatic outs back-to-back with the 8th and 9th batters? Stubbs and the pitcher.

Amazing that Dusty kept running Stubbs out there every day when it was obvious to EVERYONE that Stubbs shouldn't have been playing. Stubbs started all five games of this series! This is after his pathetic regular season and even-more-pathetic postseason.

I hope I never see him in a Reds uniform again. Include him as a throw-in on a trade like we did with Volquez. Stubbs brings negative value.
    I'd be happy to see Stubbs go, but he did his job in games 1 and 2. He's hardly the only problem in games 3-4-5.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

It's good to see the Reds having a good time out there. I know I sure am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd be happy to see Stubbs go, but he did his job in games 1 and 2. He's hardly the only problem in games 3-4-5.
    Yeah, I'm more talking about the total body of work with him. He's proven he can't get the job done or even close on a consistent basis. No small sample size. Drew Stubbs is what he is. And he's very, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Team is losing 16-7 in three home games and it's Dusty's fault? I know the game is frustrating, but the Dusty bashing is out of hand.

The problem is the same as it's been all year. The team has a one dimensional offense and doesn't score runs consistently. And with Votto hurt the problem is worse.

Easy fella. The question was why Valdez was in CF. I did wonder why Valdez over Frazier. I'm not Bashing Dusty. I do hope he retires.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

2 on, down by 3, zero outs, and he sent the runners. Left latos in. Wasted Xavier Paul. Just put Valdez in CF instead of leaving Fraziers bat in the lineup. It's not all his fault by any means, but he has a lot to account for as well.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Goofy Hunter Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Goofy Hunter Pence.

When I saw his picture the other night on the scoreboard he looked just like the Joker without makeup

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Go Nats... If any team but the Reds, make it them.

Dusty is a really good manager from April to September. He is really good at keeping 25 guys on the same page and not getting too high or too low. In October in game decision making really matters and he has had a terrible series.

Calling a hit-and-run down 3 runs with 2 men on might be even dumber than Marvin Lewis kicking a FG down 4 points in the closing minutes of the 4th qtr.

Turn Off Ads?