Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Chapman/Corcino straight up for Giancarlo Stanton. I'm calling that one right now. Doesn't add payroll and fixes LF/Cleanup hitter.
    Chapman wont like that trade. Cuban special forces team will grab him and put him back on their WBC team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Phillips, Cozart and Votto due up

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Chapman/Corcino straight up for Giancarlo Stanton. I'm calling that one right now. Doesn't add payroll and fixes LF/Cleanup hitter.
    Dude, it's not going to happen.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm calling it now.

Back to back to back to back HR's to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Dude, it's not going to happen.
    Yeah, and we won't acquire Latos either.

I really haven't been able to watch or even listen to much of this series, but it seems every time I have, Drew Stubbs has popped or fouled out with men on base.

Anyway, while I'm obviously disappointed at the Reds play and although I'm pretty shocked to see them lay three turds in a row like this, I'm still happy with the team. Had anyone asked me in March whether this team was in the post season, I would have said no. However, I think these three games have shown that they still aren't where they need to be, which is rock solid up the middle.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    2 on, down by 3, zero outs, and he sent the runners. Left latos in. Wasted Xavier Paul. Just put Valdez in CF instead of leaving Fraziers bat in the lineup. It's not all his fault by any means, but he has a lot to account for as well.
    I just disagree. It made sense to send the runners in that spot, Hanigan is a very good bet to walk or make contact. It's an aggressive play but it should keep you out of the DP.

Latos? I didn't see it, can't argue, but he's a pretty good pitcher and I wouldn't remove him on a whim.

Xavier Paul? Who should he have hit, Cairo? If so, the board would have gone nuts. Not Cairo!

Valdez in CF? Maybe he wants a guy who can play CF instead of someone who can't.

I read the scores and I see 16-7 at home against. In particular, I see 7 runs in three games. All too familiar for this team with it's inconsistent offense.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Hit and run? It wasn't a hit and run. You don't hit and run with 2 strikes. It was a move to stay out of the double play with a guy who hits a lot of them and who doesn't strike out a lot. It didn't work, it was the right move IMO.
    No, that's still technically a "hit-and-run."

Down 3 runs in the deciding game and the manager is worried about staying out of the DP? Really? How about just worry about not running us out of an inning.

This is gonna hurt a lot folks.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    2 on, down by 3, zero outs, and he sent the runners. Left latos in. Wasted Xavier Paul. Just put Valdez in CF instead of leaving Fraziers bat in the lineup. It's not all his fault by any means, but he has a lot to account for as well.
    Exactly. Bizarre calls. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I just disagree. It made sense to send the runners in that spot, Hanigan is a very good bet to walk or make contact. It's an aggressive play but it should keep you out of the DP.

Latos? I didn't see it, can't argue, but he's a pretty good pitcher and I wouldn't remove him on a whim.

Xavier Paul? Who should he have hit, Cairo? If so, the board would have gone nuts. Not Cairo!

Valdez in CF? Maybe he wants a guy who can play CF instead of someone who can't.

I read the scores and I see 16-7 at home against. In particular, I see 7 runs in three games. All too familiar for this team with it's inconsistent offense.
    I'm with you there- did Hanigan strike out looking? I thought he must have missed a sign because it's hard to believe a guy is going to leave the runners hanging like that.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Romo goes deep for the TD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    This is gonna hurt a lot folks.
    Yeah, but the further you get, the more it stings. I can't imagine what Rangers fans felt like last year. That had to be brutal.

I'm calling it now. BP doubles and gets thrown out trying for third. LOL.

Thanks ump. lol!

Turn Off Ads?