Turn Off Ads?
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1084

Thread: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

  1. #1051
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    One line drive caught by a diving shortstop and one hit caught by a diving centerfielder.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #1052
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Louisville, KY via Orlando, FL
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Rolen had two hits today and Frasier was 0 for the series


    Stubbs should not have started any games this series
    Cool, Rolen had as many hits today as he had errors for the series.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

    Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

  4. #1053
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    One line drive caught by a diving shortstop and one hit caught by a diving centerfielder.
    The Baseball Gods must be angry with us.

  5. #1054
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,720

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Frazier just had a hit :X
    At the start of this game, when lineups are made out, Frazer was 0 for the series

  6. #1055
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    At the start of this game, when lineups are made out, Frazer was 0 for the series
    Frazier didn't finish the year strong either. He made Dusty's decision in the playoffs pretty easy imo.

  7. #1056
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Only positive I can take out of this is that maybe the Giants have a better shot to beat the Cards than we did after losing JC.

  8. #1057
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    4 runs on 12 hits.

    That's the Reds' season in a nutshell... only it had to be the day the SP couldn't get it done.

    Rehaul of the offense had better be a major priority in the off-season.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  9. #1058
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,981

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Only positive I can take out of this is that maybe the Giants have a better shot to beat the Cards than we did after losing JC.
    I want the Cardinals to absolutely destroy this team.

  10. #1059
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    I am crying my fellow baseball fans. Make fun of me. Say it's just a game. Fine, but I don't care.

    I followed every single game. I attended every game I could. I rooted them on through the ups and the downs, the thick and the thin. I bleed Reds baseball.

    To have what happened, is simply inexcusable. Simply inexcusable. The first time ever to get sweeped at home and lose a series. EVER. In baseball's long and winding history.

    The soft cincinnati media better get some balls, and ask the tough questions to Baker and company because I want answers and I want answers now.

  11. #1060
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,795

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    The injury that turned Joey Doubles into Joey Singles was a backbreaker.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  12. #1061
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    I am crying my fellow baseball fans. Make fun of me. Say it's just a game. Fine, but I don't care.

    I followed every single game. I attended every game I could. I rooted them on through the ups and the downs, the thick and the thin. I bleed Reds baseball.

    To have what happened, is simply inexcusable. Simply inexcusable. The first time ever to get sweeped at home and lose a series. EVER. In baseball's long and winding history.

    The soft cincinnati media better get some balls, and ask the tough questions to Baker and company because I want answers and I want answers now.
    Answers to what?

    Whenever a big play was there to be made it was San Francisco making it. We had our chances and couldn't get it done.

  13. #1062
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,981

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The injury that turned Joey Doubles into Joey Singles was a backbreaker.
    Don't forget Pagan. Clutch from the start....took care of Cueto single-handedly.

    I want Giant blood.

  14. #1063
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Answers to what?

    Whenever a big play was there to be made it was San Francisco making it. We had our chances and couldn't get it done.
    So, were just supposed to say "OH WELL, BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR!"

    Christ. They get upset when there attendance is so low. Well guess what Mr. Castellini? Your stadium will continue to be barren until they show they can be winners.

    Heck, wouldn't be surprised if the attendence is even lower next year.

  15. #1064
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Need to get some guys who can get on base.
    Need to resign Ludwick.
    Need to improve an old unproductive bench.
    Need to decide if Chapman is a starter or a closer.

    This team is good and not far off. Offensively we're not championship caliber though.

  16. #1065
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    So, were just supposed to say "OH WELL, BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR!"

    Christ. They get upset when there attendance is so low. Well guess what Mr. Castellini? Your stadium will continue to be barren until they show they can be winners.

    Heck, wouldn't be surprised if the attendence is even lower next year.
    I realize you're upset, I just don't know what you want answers to. We had a great year and picked a bad time for our first 3 game home losing streak.

    Injuries, not being clutch, baserunning mistakes, bad umpiring, bad pitching...whatever. With it all we still should have won the series.


Turn Off Ads?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25