Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

Re: Reds vs. Giants 10/11/12: NLDS Game 5

If the Reds want to win, they have to chase Cain here. Period.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kcbuckeye22 View Post
    Marshall has looked very good this postseason.
    Yeah, nice skip off of the mound before Hallion gifts the Giants another call.

I'd actually like to see if this guy could start next year.

Quote Originally Posted by aredbirdfan View Post
    The hates on me. I didn't cuss or attack. Someone used a four letter word but it was not me. Thought this was suppose to be civilized conversation.

I received an infraction. On this board I guess it is a badge of honor.

Was looking forward to a little conversation among baseball fans. Oh well.

See ya next year.

No offense, but if you've spent any amount of time on message boards, you'd know better than to think you'd get a civil little conversation going in the midst of a game thread when the home board's team is on the verge of completing an epic collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Your feelings hurt????

My feeling? hardly...im not the wind acting like a wittle baby and reporting these meanies to the bosses for their language

Doesn't matter man...he has been 1 of the good guys on here for a while. Learn some respect!!!
    I don't know you guys. I don't live on this board. He responded like a Cards fan. And there are already 2 annoying Cards fans in this thread. I apologized. Move on.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

You know, you can say what you want about Latos' maturity in dealing with calls, but Hallion totally blew those calls.

I think the real story is the lack of urgency that seemed to permeate the team once they arrived in Cinci. They were up 2-0 and kept thinking, "This is not a must-win situation". The Giants meanwhile were playing desperation ball. Anytime their pitcher got in trouble even a little, someone was warming up in the bullpen. Not the Reds -- even today when it is really do-or-die.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    My feeling? hardly...im not the wind acting like a wittle baby and reporting these meanies to the bosses for their language
    Please dont take my lunch money...its all I have...LOL

not just rolens error, but the second hit of that inning, any normal 3rd baseman with human legs and a normal back, bends over, gets it and maybe turns two. But not rolen, not at his age and health, yet dusty runs him out there.
    lets blame the whole series on rolen>>>what a tool!!! I just blocked you so have at it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    I've never seen a manager get blamed more than Dusty for guys not performing in the clutch.

Who plays the old man day in and day out because he is a clubhouse leader???/ Todd Frazier...did he pencil Rolen in, nope. Phillips? nope...Dusty did. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    No offense, but if you've spent any amount of time on message boards, you'd know better than to think you'd get a civil little conversation going in the midst of a game thread when the home board's team is on the verge of completing an epic collapse.
    And then saying things like "your team didn't have a chance in the next round. And "stick around and root for the Cardinals". And he doesn't see how that might grate on people's nerves a little.

Who plays the old man day in and day out because he is a clubhouse leader???/ Todd Frazier...did he pencil Rolen in, nope. Phillips? nope...Dusty did. End of story.

We have no clubhouse leader.

The glass is 1/3 full....

Your feelings hurt????
    Please dont take my lunch money...its all I have...LOL
    ROFL!!!!!

WOW...LOL.....
    The Crimson Crusader....knows...!
    ...heh heh heh heh...

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
    ...when they're already there?"

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukwazoo View Post
    I don't know you guys. I don't live on this board. He responded like a Cards fan. And there are already 2 annoying Cards fans in this thread. I apologized. Move on.
    You took my post wrong -- I'm moving on but I will not condone your type of post against ANYONE.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    I've never seen a manager get blamed more than Dusty for guys not performing in the clutch.
    It's not really if the performed in the clutch...it's more of a matter of CAN they perform at all despite statistical evidence to the contrary. Rolen hasn't been productive most of the year....same for Stubbs, yet those guys are trotted out there on a daily basis....and guys who have produced when given the chance, no longer get that chance.

Turn Off Ads?