Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

I cant belive they came back from 6-0 and won 9-7 and scored 4 runs with 2 outs in the 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I wish us Reds fans got what Cardinal fans get and that consistent WINNING!!! in the Post Season!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They made a deal with the devil.

Re: Man I wish the Reds had Clutch hitting like the Cardinals I hate so much!!!

Cards just seem to be built for playoff baseball & I'm not sure the Reds are.
    Of course I'm pretty bitter right know so...

Cards = situational hitting.
    Reds (except Votto) = trying to hit the Tundra sign regardless of the count, score, etc.

.236 minor league hitters becoming post season hero's isn't clutch its luck, the same way they get every check swing call while the Nats got rang up and how they drew 8 walks to the Nats one.

BABIP loves the Cards and we can't catch a break with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    .236 minor league hitters becoming post season hero's isn't clutch its luck, the same way they get every check swing call while the Nats got rang up and how they drew 8 walks to the Nats one.

BABIP loves the Cards and we can't catch a break with it.
    And yesterday, a call that had been a strike all game was called a ball for the Nats that gave way to the Werth homerun. I respect the heck out of you Hometown, but it's time to give the Birds a little credit. Their fight is unbelievable. I've been a Cardinal fan. Born and raised, and even I can't explain how it happens time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    And yesterday, a call that had been a strike all game was called a ball for the Nats that gave way to the Werth homerun. I respect the heck out of you Hometown, but it's time to give the Birds a little credit. Their fight is unbelievable. I've been a Cardinal fan. Born and raised, and even I can't explain how it happens time and time again.
    They were 6 games out of the normal WC spot and are now in the last two NLCS despite finishing 15 total games out of 1st. In the playoffs its getting in and getting lucky and the Cards are the best team at that in the game.

A money making gimmick is literally the only way they get into the playoffs, no other year in the history of MLB would they have made it but this one and now they are going to go to the WS yet again with a poor record for the 3rd time in 7 years.

If we're going to talk calls.

And the check swing in the 9th the late infield fly, the list can go on forever.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-13-2012 at 01:51 AM.

They were 6 games out of the normal WC spot and are now in the last two NLCS despite finishing 15 total games out of 1st. In the playoffs its getting in and getting lucky and the Cards are the best team at that in the game.

A money making gimmick is literally the only way they get into the playoffs, no other year in the history of MLB would they have made it but this one and now they are going to go to the WS yet again with a poor record for the 3rd time in 7 years.

If we're going to talk calls.
    And there's been plenty of calls that have gone either way. Poor umpiring is going to happen. I openly admit the infield fly was a joke. But blaming the Cardinals for being the team to make the second WC is kinda lame. If the second WC beat the Reds, you'd be complaining about that. Don't blame the Cardinals for making the playoffs under the current rules. Blame those who made the rules. The Cardinals did what they needed too to make it into the playoffs. Is it kind of a joke, sure. But under the current rules, they did what they needed too. Different point. During the NCAA tournament, when a 6 seed knocks off a 1 or 2 seed, is a joke? Is it a farce? No. The playoffs are just that, the teams that made it under the current rules.

I'd be making the same argument if the Reds were the WC and the Cards won the central. Don't blame the teams that compete.

I never want the Reds to get the 2nd WC I have said how dumb the idea was before the Cards even won it. Each year MLB is devaluing its regular season and all that matters is the last two week getting hot and winning some short series that play noting like the 162 grind that decides who make its.

Look guys....it was not the Cards that knocked you out in this Post season.

Stop hating.

I never want the Reds to get the 2nd WC I have said how dumb the idea was before the Cards even won it. Each year MLB is devaluing its regular season and all that matters is the last two week getting hot and winning some short series that play noting like the 162 grind that decides who make its.
    I agree with you. 100%. I've thought it should be a play off of the league champions. Best record get 1st round bye and meets the winner of the division series. But that's not how things are.

That being said, under the current rules, will you give the Birds even a shred of credit for fighting back? I said numerous times after Votto went down how impressive the run of victories was the Reds went on. Even the tiniest bit of credit?

The Cardinals have eliminated teams the last 2 years teams they were a collective 40 games worse than, that's average of 8 games worse per round.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Stop hating.
    This isn't Cards talk, we do hate you! We hate you just like everyone team does. You team has stupid great luck everyone knows its but Cardinals fans who are too dumb to see and are literally the only people who don't see these comebacks coming from a mile a way. Hell I been here for months telling people what was going to happen.

So they perform in the post season. What else do you want?

Want me to go back and start rattling off teams in various sports that beat teams they weren't supposed to?

How about the 100+ game winning 2004 cardinals getting swept int he world serious by the Sox? Was that a joke too? No. Both teams did what they needed to do under the current rules to be in that position. For one second, stop trying to explain away their "luck" (yes i quoted it) and look at what they've done. In 2006, they weren't supposed to beat the Tigers, but 4 games to 1 is no farce. In 2011, they were going to get steam rolled by the Phillies. Nope. They were supposed to get blasted by the Brewers. Didn't happen. No way they hung with the pitching and hitting of the Rangers. Guess what? it happened. All that cannot be just luck. Love him or hate him. La Russa did one heck of a job last post season and they have continued the hard nosed never give up attitude.

Say what you want, but you can't explain it. Neither an I, but it is impressive and you HAVE to give them some credit. If you don't, it's nothing but sour grapes.
    Last edited by cw0802; 10-13-2012 at 02:25 AM.

They walk more, strike out less and bat 20 points higher than the Reds

But main difference is they have lead off hitters
    Reds
    .208 AVG
    .254 OPB
    10 SB
    83 Runs

Cards
    .272 AVG
    .337 OBP
    21 SB
    102 Runs