Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    the bp play was in the 1st inning. he was trying to make something happen. how was he suppose to know 2 runs was gonna win it in the 1st inning? the reds played great games 1 / 2 and game 3 pitching wise they almost played perfect but lost some how.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    The same BP who's had 9 hits and drove in 7 runs in the postseason this year.........?
    And if we lose the only things people will remember from this season 20 years down the road is that we blew a 2-0 series lead and BP's bad base running cost us game 3.

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    And if we lose the only things people will remember from this season 20 years down the road is that we blew a 2-0 series lead and BP's bad base running cost us game 3.
    nope i will remember the passed ball/error

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    the bp play was in the 1st inning. he was trying to make something happen. how was he suppose to know 2 runs was gonna win it in the 1st inning? the reds played great games 1 / 2 and game 3 pitching wise they almost played perfect but lost some how.
    He doesn't, but he knew they need at least one so that's why you stay at 2nd for the 2-3-4 hitters and no outs.

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    nope i will remember the passed ball/error
    Which would have never happened without BPs mistake.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    your also certain cozart walks if bp stays at 2nd.

  8. #22
    Member Moosie52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    577

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    All the losses are his fault and the wins are not his doing?
    No way he returns, the HATERS will get their way and the Reds will have someone the Reds Zone can relate to (Bobby Valentine, Buddy Bell, Jim Tracy) running the team next year
    Why not blame the $120 million gimpy man for injuring his knee?

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    your also certain cozart walks if bp stays at 2nd.
    Nope but I will take my chances with one more runner and one less out.

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,251

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    To be dominant, and come home and get sweeped. How, why?

    Follow every single game, every single out. Cheer every day through the thick and thin, only to go through this.

    You should be more embarrassed to say they got "sweeped". I am dissapointde, as any fan is, but not embarrased at all.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  11. #25
    Member redsrolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    231

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    You should be more embarrassed to say they got "sweeped". I am dissapointde, as any fan is, but not embarrased at all.

  12. #26
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    To be dominant, and come home and get sweeped. How, why?

    Follow every single game, every single out. Cheer every day through the thick and thin, only to go through this.

    Have to respectfully disagree, rather strongly, with the premise of this thread. Embarrasssed? Huh? Should people be embarrassed when a pitcher they like gives up a HR? Should we be embarrassed when a position player we follow strikes out or makes a fielding error?

    Of course not. Those are preposterous notions but no more than the overall outcome of a season. The Reds made me very proud this season. They are a young, incredibly talented, hardworking team who showed in many ways that they have heart. Yes, the LDS loss is heartbreaking and disappointing but nothing whatsoever to be embarrassed about imho.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    256

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Have to respectfully disagree, rather strongly, with the premise of this thread. Embarrasssed? Huh? Should people be embarrassed when a pitcher they like gives up a HR? Should we be embarrassed when a position player we follow strikes out or makes a fielding error?

    Of course not. Those are preposterous notions but no more than the overall outcome of a season. The Reds made me very proud this season. They are a young, incredibly talented, hardworking team who showed in many ways that they have heart. Yes, the LDS loss is heartbreaking and disappointing but nothing whatsoever to be embarrassed about imho.
    Reds are legit. Ton of talent. As a Cardinal fan, I can see that.

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    31

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    Reds are legit. Ton of talent. As a Cardinal fan, I can see that.
    They may have some talent (mostly ex-Cardinals Rolen & Ludwick) but they lack playoff experience, heart, grit, tenacity, faith and detemination.

    Rolen & Ludwick can't do it all alone.

  15. #29
    Member 1940757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    500

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Quote Originally Posted by birdsonthebat View Post
    They may have some talent (mostly ex-Cardinals Rolen & Ludwick) but they lack playoff experience, heart, grit, tenacity, faith and detemination.

    Rolen & Ludwick can't do it all alone.
    Rolen & Ludwick...and healthy Cueto and Votto...and BP...and Chapman...and Frazier full time...and Hanny...and a new CF solution...and...and...probably minus Rolen for next year.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

    Not only did this series make me embarrassed to be a Reds fan but it has made it hard to enjoy any sports right now. Who cares about the 2013 regular season if u know your gonna lose in the first round of the playoffs year after year


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25