Re: Go Nationals!

I hope the Cardinals lose 70 to -3.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I hope the Cardinals lose 70 to -3.
    I'd rather they lost 4-3 on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th given up by Chris Carpenter.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Agreed! It's not that I personally hate the Cards, other than Carpenter. It's just that I can take any more of the media fawning over them. The Nats and Orioles are both great stories this year and I really hope that's the World Series. Speaking of which, the O's offense better get it's butt in gear ASAP.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Agreed! It's not that I personally hate the Cards, other than Carpenter. It's just that I can take any more of the media fawning over them. The Nats and Orioles are both great stories this year and I really hope that's the World Series. Speaking of which, the O's offense better get it's butt in gear ASAP.
    I used to be indifferent about the Cards. But one of my closest friends I met about 7 years ago is a rabid Cards fan, and although he's probably not representative of their fanbase, he's become insufferable about how great they are. At some point you get tired of hearing, from them even, how great they are as fans. Self-righteousness is one of my least favorite characteristics. Give me loud and obnoxious over self-righteous any day. Be arrogant about the team, that's cool. But they've become arrogant about themselves.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Anybody but SF.

Yeah, I'm bitter.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    Anybody but SF.

Yeah, I'm bitter.
    See, I view it all differently. IMHO, should the Giants go on to win it all, it makes the Reds' loss not look as bad in retrospect because no other team will have beaten the Giants, either.

That stated, it is time for some new blood. Go Nats!
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Nationals off to a big start. A double, triple and home run by the first 3 batters. 3-0 Nationals

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Nationals off to a big start. A double, triple and home run by the first 3 batters. 3-0 Nationals
    I may have to rethink my position on the existence of God.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    See, I view it all differently. IMHO, should the Giants go on to win it all, it makes the Reds' loss not look as bad in retrospect because no other team will have beaten the Giants, either.

That stated, it is time for some new blood. Go Nats!
    So long as the Cards are out, I honestly don't care who wins the NL, although I'd rather my team lose to the eventual champion than to the also ran. I always root for the NL over the AL.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

And then Wainwright strikes out the side.

I'll check the results tomorrow.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Harper homers. 4-0 Nationals

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I may have to rethink my position on the existence of God.
    Not sure if I'm helping or hurting a cause here, guys, but I said a prayer that the Cardinals lose.

Yeah, I know. I'm human.

Now 6-0 Nationals as Morse homers

I'm going to miss MikeTheiry posting here
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Hoping for a Tigers/Nationals World Series. Either team winning would be fine by me. I don't mind San Fran either. Anyone but the Cards/Yanks.

Turn Off Ads?