Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Nationals!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Go Nationals!

Absolutely pulling for Washington the rest of the postseason
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lets see if the Cardinals are made of the same fight we had after getting down 6-0.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

For a Level Playing Field

Pretty cool picture my brother took from his balcony in DC tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Lets see if the Cardinals are made of the same fight we had after getting down 6-0.
    In 2004 SABR had their convention in Cincinnati several of us RZ's went to it, Sandy and I actually presented a piece on the 1st HR hit over a fence in Cincinnati history (ain't that a thrilling topic!!) anyway, one of the presenters was Dave Smith the guy who runs Retrosheet If you don't know about Retrosheet check it out, it's the bomb( His presentation was on the data of runs scored, really a fascinating piece, generally the data shows that a team that wins games with large crooked numbers tend to score them in one inning, and thus create huge hills to climb to overcome (the key is HUGE) most don't do it, I believe that like the Reds we are seeing it applied tonight to our Central rivals

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    In 2004 SABR had their convention in Cincinnati several of us RZ's went to it, Sandy and I actually presented a piece on the 1st HR hit over a fence in Cincinnati history (ain't that a thrilling topic!!) anyway, one of the presenters was Dave Smith the guy who runs Retrosheet If you don't know about Retrosheet check it out, it's the bomb( His presentation was on the data of runs scored, really a fascinating piece, generally the data shows that a team that wins games with large crooked numbers tend to score them in one inning, and thus create huge hills to climb to overcome (the key is HUGE) most don't do it, I believe that like the Reds we are seeing it applied tonight to our Central rivals

Well Davey is doing his Dusty act and not getting anyone up in the bullpen as Gio is losing the zone and looking flustered. 6-2 bases loaded and 1 out and you still had no one up?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Well Davey is doing his Dusty act and not getting anyone up in the bullpen as Gio is losing the zone and looking flustered. 6-2 bases loaded and 1 out and you still had no one up?
    Clearly, the Nat's should fire him
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I'd rather they lost 4-3 on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th given up by Chris Carpenter.
    After Yadier Molina allows the tying run to score by throwing error.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Gio Gonzalez needs to get his head on straight.

Clearly the sarcasm is fun.....but man this is the Cards and do we really want to see some sort of comeback that You and I know...they are capable of?

This game has similarities to ours yesterday.

Kozma.....the Eckstien and Denny Doyle of 2012 playoffs.

The Nationals bring Edwin Jackson in to relieve. Are they trying to lose this game

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The Nationals bring Edwin Jackson in to relieve. Are they trying to lose this game
    You beat me to it. I mean really?? This guy? Is Dick Bosman not available? Darrell Knowels maybe?

6-4 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Now 6-4. I still can't get over Jackson. The guy got pounded in this series do you count on him to hold this lead

Turn Off Ads?