Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Go Nationals!

Re: Go Nationals!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    It is pointless to root against the Cardinals.

And hating them seems petty and futile to me.

They continue to do what we cannot do and we are jealous.
    I am not jealous. I will never be jealous of an undeserving person who achieves success in unfairly and due to luck.

I thank God that the Reds are not the Cardinals. I would rather lose with dignity than win in disgrace. I am proud that the Reds are not the Cardinals, that they are a far superior, far classier team and organization that plays by the rules.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I am not jealous. I will never be jealous of an undeserving person who achieves success in unfairly and due to luck.

I thank God that the Reds are not the Cardinals. I would rather lose with dignity than win in disgrace. I am proud that the Reds are not the Cardinals, that they are a far superior, far classier team and organization that plays by the rules.
    I've refrained from commenting here much because I do not want to pour salt in the wounds but this statement is one of the most ridiculous I've seen here (and I've seen a lot). The Cardinals don't play by the rules? What??? Look, you can hate the Cardinals all you want. I don't mind. It's a Reds forum. However, to accuse a team of cheating, when there is no evidence of them cheating, is below the belt.

By the way, making the playoffs 9 times since 2000, would make the Cardinals the luckiest team in the history of baseball if it was all based on luck. There is a reason why they are always in contention to do damage in the division and playoffs. Luck only plays a small part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I've refrained from commenting here much because I do not want to pour salt in the wounds but this statement is one of the most ridiculous I've seen here (and I've seen a lot). The Cardinals don't play by the rules? What??? Look, you can hate the Cardinals all you want. I don't mind. It's a Reds forum. However, to accuse a team of cheating, when there is no evidence of them cheating, is below the belt.

By the way, making the playoffs 9 times since 2000, would make the Cardinals the luckiest team in the history of baseball if it was all based on luck. There is a reason why they are always in contention to do damage in the division and playoffs. Luck only plays a small part in it.
    Been beyond lucky the last two seasons. I had respect for them prior to that.

And you know what I'm talking about when I say not playing by the rules. Just ask their hitting coach and former pitching coach, or former players.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...8614df292.html

Cleveland Indians closer Chris Perez, a former member of the Redbirds' bullpen, noted during a subsequent interview with XM Radio that several "older" Cardinal pitchers used various substances during his time with the club.
    Last edited by 757690; 10-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Nuff said.

Been beyond lucky the last two seasons. I had respect for them prior to that.

And you know what I'm talking about when I say not playing by the rules. Just ask their hitting coach and former pitching coach, or former players.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...8614df292.html
    LOL yep... Pine tar is how the Cards did it! They would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids! Unbelievable. I'll get off the forum and retire to my hung over stupor now until people cool down on this forum.

Mike, I don't hate the Cardinals at all myself, nor do I consider them scum, but I'm wondering why post here at this time about them?

Don't you have some kittens to drown or something?

The Cardinals were probably the one team that benefited more than any other from steroids. Most people consider that cheating. LaRussa's Athletics were the other biggest steroid cheaters. Coincidence?

And yes most people do consider the Cardinals the luckiest team in the history of baseball. They lead a charmed life with all the low-win playoff appearances, benefiting from blown calls (twice in the post-season this year already), and teams collapsing in front of them to give the Cards a chance.

Dusty Baker was also a big beneficiary of steroids while with the Giants and Cubs.

LOL yep... Pine tar is how the Cards did it! They would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids! Unbelievable. I'll get off the forum and retire to my hung over stupor now until people cool down on this forum.
    Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    The Cardinals were probably the one team that benefited more than any other from steroids. Most people consider that cheating. LaRussa's Athletics were the other biggest steroid cheaters. Coincidence?

And yes most people do consider the Cardinals the luckiest team in the history of baseball. They lead a charmed life with all the low-win playoff appearances, benefiting from blown calls (twice in the post-season this year already), and teams collapsing in front of them to give the Cards a chance.

Dusty Baker was also a big beneficiary of steroids while with the Giants and Cubs.
    The 1985 Cardinals called. They want their championship back from the Royals.

The 2004 and 2005 Cards also called, they want a dose of that luck as well.

The amount of butt hurt in this forum right now is on comedic levels. Taking your anger out on the Cards for pulling out a victory while your team FAILED to just win one game at home makes some of you look like sore losers. Accusing the Cardinals of cheating and it contributing to their wins makes some of you look low class. Have fun brooding in the off season.

Jeff Weaver has definitely shown himself to be a World Series MVP caliber pitcher, both before and after his St. Louis stint. Washed up hasbeens and never weres like Ryan Franklin, Todd Wellemeyer, Rick Ankiel, Aaron Miles, Tony Womack, Abraham Nunez, Scott Spezio, and Chris Duncan definitely contributed to other teams the way they did the Cardinals. Nick Punto hits more doubles at a faster rate for the Cardinals than he does for any other team, because he's just that good. Perennial All-Stars like Lance Berkman and Carlos Beltran who are obviously on the decline in their late 30s find the fountain of youthful production in St. Louis. And of course most glove first catchers go from OPSing .595 the first year their team makes the World Series to OPSing .874 the next time around 5 years later, which is not to forget the .839 and .876 OPS' of 8th round pick Babe Ruth Craig and and 9th round pick Lou Gehrig Freese.

I would say that is more than a 'little bit' of luck.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The 1985 Cardinals called. They want their championship back from the Royals.

The 2004 and 2005 Cards also called, they want a dose of that luck as well.

The amount of butt hurt in this forum right now is on comedic levels. Taking your anger out on the Cards for pulling out a victory while your team FAILED to just win one game at home makes some of you look like sore losers. Accusing the Cardinals of cheating and it contributing to their wins makes some of you look low class. Have fun brooding in the off season.
    I've heard of a sore loser before, but only a Cardinal fan could be a sore winner. Seriously, I have been your bigger supporter, but if I were running this board, I would give you a lifetime ban.

Just what I want to see on Redszone ... A gloating Cards fan.

Should've known better than to visit the baseball forum today.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Why are you even here? I think you want to pour all the salt you can. Isn't there a fellow rat-bird forum for you? You were nowhere to be found a few weeks ago when your team was fading faster than the Rams. Now you're posting every couple of hours.

What a joke.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 10-13-2012 at 05:30 PM.

If the Reds finished 9 games back in second place, earned the second wild card in the first year it existed, got an umpire-aided win in the WC game, got to open at home against the team with the best record in baseball and got every break imaginable in order to win the series, I'd be happy as a Reds fan.

But man would something always bug me knowing that it was a cheesy way to do it and few fans of other teams respected it.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 10-13-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jeff Weaver has definitely shown himself to be a World Series MVP caliber pitcher, both before and after his St. Louis stint. Washed up hasbeens and never weres like Ryan Franklin, Todd Wellemeyer, Rick Ankiel, Aaron Miles, Tony Womack, Abraham Nunez, Scott Spezio, and Chris Duncan definitely contributed to other teams the way they did the Cardinals. Nick Punto hits more doubles at a faster rate for the Cardinals than he does for any other team, because he's just that good. Perennial All-Stars like Lance Berkman and Carlos Beltran who are obviously on the decline in their late 30s find the fountain of youthful production in St. Louis. And of course most glove first catchers go from OPSing .595 the first year their team makes the World Series to OPSing .874 the next time around 5 years later, which is not to forget the .839 and .876 OPS' of 8th round pick Babe Ruth Craig and and 9th round pick Lou Gehrig Freese.

I would say that is more than a 'little bit' of luck.
    This is what gets me more than anything. They just come up aces time and time again on these no name prospects and long shot signings. Freese and Craig went from old, middling prospects to lineup anchors. Jay Bruce was as close to a can't miss superstar as a team can stumble on, and Allen Craig...Allen Craig had an OPS this year 30 points higher than Bruce has ever had. I look up this postseason and see a right handed Aroldis Chapman they plucked out of community college in the 21st round. Kyle Lohse becomes a Cy Young candidate! If I'm looking at the Pecota projection of a Cardinal, I generally just assume the 90th percentile is the best guess.

Turn Off Ads?