Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Go Nationals!

Re: Go Nationals!

Well, I'm done with baseball for the year now. See you in the spring.
    Is it "next season" yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Absolute chokers. Even worse than the Reds. It's just sad that the Reds couldn't make the comeback that the Cards did.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Just calling a spade a spade...I hate them. How would you describe thier play?

I can take off the "red colored glasses" and be objective.
    Oh I actually agree with you, as much as I hate to admit it. It does make me sick to my stomach to see them win like this.

I do think they seem to get all the close calls, and amazing luck too though. That hit off the shortstop's glove to tie the game???C'mon! With most MLB shortstops, thats a third out.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Every year since I got heavily back into baseball in 2006 I've been saying 'just somebody please beat the Cardinals'. And every year it eats at me.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

How would we fare againt their offense without Cueto? Seriously.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Go Giants! NEVER EVER give up....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Frankly, I'd rather have lost to SF than lose to the Cardinals in the NLCS. You can't beat a team that repeatedly gets every break in the world.

I can't get over who just got those hits for them.

Descalso, of the career .654 OPS and 5 career HRs in 734 ABs, hits two in a series and goes has three clutch hits in game 5.

Pete Kozma, he of the .654 career minor league OPS, gets the winning hit.

I maintain that this is Miguel Cairo and Paul Janish that just got game winning hits for the Cardinals.
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Oh I actually agree with you, as much as I hate to admit it. It does make me sick to my stomach to see them win like this.

I do think they seem to get all the close calls, and amazing luck too though. That hit off the shortstop's glove to tie the game???C'mon! With most MLB shortstops, thats a third out.
    That ball was smoked...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I hate the Cards but Drew Storens dad is a local celebrity and easily one of the worst people I have met in the world of sports. I take great pleasure knowing he is suffering now.
    Really? My brother played on one of Drew's basketball teams and I know Mark a little and I've always liked him.

I will say that there are a couple occasions where I've seen him treat refs very horribly, like kind of embarrassingly bad. I have a feeling you may have been on the end of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I wonder if this burns the Reds players half as much as it kills us?

Not even the BRM made comebacks like this in the playoffs ...that the Cards have done these last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Really? My brother played on one of Drew's basketball teams and I know Mark a little and I've always liked him.

I will say that there are a couple occasions where I've seen him treat refs very horribly, like kind of embarrassingly bad. I have a feeling you may have been on the end of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh Mark and I have a history on and off the field.

Karma bit him in the butt tonight.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Both down 6-0.

We didn't make the playoffs because of a pity system of barely being the 5th best team in the NL though.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?