Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are you going to forget about the loss?

Re: How are you going to forget about the loss?

Hope the Cardinals lose today and tomorrow. Pout. Throw a few things. Cry.

Then move on I guess.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Angel. Pagan.
    He isn't going to come here and troll for the next year, Cardinals fans will.

country music, cranberry juice, more country music and even more cranberry juice
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

I'm going to get over it by remembering some of our 2002-2005 Cincinnati Reds starting pitchers:

Jimmy Anderson
    Brandon Claussen
    Shawn Estes
    Joey Hamilton
    Jimmy Haynes
    Luke Hudson
    Sun Woo Kim
    Cory Lidle
    Eric Milton
    Elizardo "The Lizard" Ramirez

Quote Originally Posted by realreds1 View Post
    I'm going to get over it by remembering some of our 2002-2005 Cincinnati Reds starting pitchers:

Jimmy Anderson
    Brandon Claussen
    Shawn Estes
    Joey Hamilton
    Jimmy Haynes
    Luke Hudson
    Sun Woo Kim
    Cory Lidle
    Eric Milton
    Joe Mays.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Realize it's just a baseball game, and then go on with my life.
    You watch baseball for 7 months. You invest your time and sometimes money into it. Then you say it is just a game? Well it may be just a game to you, but it is something I love and cherish. It is more than a game to me. It's what I love. I'm not going to just say "Oh well, 7 months of watching baseball and then it ends in the worst possible way. Whatever!" I'm not saying I'm going to change my lifestyle, but I don't think I'm just going to get over it as soon as it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    You watch baseball for 7 months. You invest your time and sometimes money into it. Then you say it is just a game? Well it may be just a game to you, but it is something I love and cherish. It is more than a game to me. It's what I love. I'm not going to just say "Oh well, 7 months of watching baseball and then it ends in the worst possible way. Whatever!" I'm not saying I'm going to change my lifestyle, but I don't think I'm just going to get over it as soon as it ends.
    Hey, do whatever you want. I watched baseball all year long. I also realize it's just a game I have pretty much zero impact on, unlike the rest of the my life. Hey, do whatever the heck you want. Just don't think you are anything special because you emotionally invest in something that you have little to do with.

It won't be that hard. They played hard and just couldn't come through in the big spots...that happens in baseball.

Plus it's just a game, and I'm a sports fanatic so I'll just go to watching the Bearcats and Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by realreds1 View Post

Jimmy Anderson
    Brandon Claussen
    Shawn Estes
    Joey Hamilton
    Jimmy Haynes
    Luke Hudson
    Sun Woo Kim
    Cory Lidle
    Eric Milton

Thanks this made me smile and laugh for the first time in three days. :-)

Jimmy Haynes and Eric Milton on the same staff. Yikes.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

The bigger question is how am I going to get the seven nation army chant out of my head?

shutters
    Last edited by huber14; 10-11-2012 at 06:13 PM.

reflect on the season and realize that this sucks but todays loss does not erase what was a great and fun year to watch the reds.

Also, Reds fans enjoy next year's regular season and dont get that attitude of nothing in the regular season matters, prove it in the playoffs mentality.

Going forward enjoy the moment and believe that next year's playoffs will be better.

They still have a great foundation and I trust we will field a better team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    ^^ That looks GOOD, but all I have is about a liter of cheap vodka.

Tin Roof tonight
    Keeneland tomorrow
    Big Blue Madness tomorrow night
    Two Keys following that

Right now I'm exhausted...Screaming at the 'tube', dancing, chanting, praying & saying things outloud that would scare you right down to your socks....

Trying to find a level playing field for my emotions to land...I have them all...
    I do take sports to a crazy place but the older I get I realize that the 'lord above' doesn't take in the games because my knees hurt & I think I'm in good sted with him...(although I sure am thinking the 'Cards' have some scary mistic power going on or a 'Saint' is buried under the field)

I'm thanking the lord that our players don't have my craziness...So glad Scotty is done & our families can do fun stuff...

But I'm a fighter & I will be back stronger than ever & have already planned how we will win the whole shootin' match next yr....I really do believe we have our little duckies in a row after we find another great hitter...

I am..after all...'A TRUE REDS FAN'!!!!

Turn Off Ads?