Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How are you going to forget about the loss?

Church, family, Bowhunting, mountain biking, running, and I might do something good for the community.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How are you going to forget about the loss?

Quote Originally Posted by boiseheidleberg View Post
    This team is young and good. They will be back. I will think happy thoughts like this.
    This is ALWAYS the thought that we have to hang our hats on at the end of the season, whether its Bengals or Reds. I definitely thought coming home up 2-0 it was going to change ... ugh.

I got to talk to the detective about my house being broken into to take my mind off it
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I got to talk to the detective about my house being broken into to take my mind off it
    Sorry to hear about that. But I have to know one thing. Did all the broken glass get "sweeped" up? Just kidding. Break-ins suck.

LOL, yup, I got it all sweeped up. Crappy feeling, but funny thing was the detective is talking to me through the 9th inning. When Rolen struck out I let out a an extended F bomb and the guy thought I had realized something else was broken or stolen, laughs when I explain my Reds just got taken out.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Venting, venting, and more venting. I'll feel better if the Nats go all the way. I mean come.. how predictable we have Detroit, NY, and San Fran moving on with the Cards playing in a game 5? Gotta root for the Nats, they have the same payroll as the Reds and near the same record as well as no championships to claim for their own.

Try to move on and focus on Buckeye & Bengals football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    Venting, venting, and more venting. I'll feel better if the Nats go all the way. I mean come.. how predictable we have Detroit, NY, and San Fran moving on with the Cards playing in a game 5? Gotta root for the Nats, they have the same payroll as the Reds and near the same record as well as no championships to claim for their own.
    Gosh. And it was your first post. The Reds were a gut punch and that Nats the knockout.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

It hurts. Still does and it will for awhile. My wife doesn't understand, of course, but I expect that. Here in Phoenix no one is crushed...so its nice to have Redszone where I can read about the pain others are feeling. The Reds did choke and I don't fully understand why some are hesitant to call it what it is. Up 2-0 they just had to reasonably perform like they did all season (not losing 3 in a row at home).

Hate to kick a guy when he's down, but I can't support Dusty. I can't stomach his lineups like plugging the shortstop in the #2 hole even when its Valdez. It was hard to watch Bochy make all the right moves managing with a sense of urgency while Dusty seemed to think there was plenty of time until there wasn't.

The nature of Sports is that you can't have the Joy without also feeling the Pain. Those who are so quick to "move on" after the loss surely aren't as vested in the team as I am. I had real joy after the Game 2 win and remember thinking how great it was that I could be so happy without spending a dime. I'll root for ASU and OSU now but its not the same because the Reds are easily my #1 team. Sure I'll get over it. But I recognize that the great 2012 season will always be remembered as the year the Reds choked at home to the Giants.

After swearing off post season baseball for the rest of this year, I've come up with two ways to heal:

- catch a bit of the LCS rounds and maybe get some solace from possible DET and SFO wins

- all 18 hours of Ken Burns' "Baseball". What a great piece of work to reset when pissed at your team(s). This is a great game.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Turn Off Ads?