Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2012 Thread

Re: NFL Football 2012 Thread

Scott looked pissed and Young looked embarrassed to be of the same species
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Suh showing everyone once again what a punk he is with a left cleat to the groin of Matt Schaub.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...in-on-purpose/
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-22-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Suh showing everyone once again what a punk he is with a left cleat to the groin of Matt Schaub.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...in-on-purpose/
    Let's just say that wasn't the only missed call in that game and be happy your team won.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Let's just say that wasn't the only missed call in that game and be happy your team won.

They aren't my team. I am a Bengals' fan. I could not care less whether the Texans win or lose. That is the first time that I have watched them all year, I believe. Thanksgiving Day football and all. If you are referring to the touchdown run by Justin Forsett, Lions' fans can thank their coach for that. Replay would have gotten that call correct. Their coach messed that one up. And regardless of any other calls, Suh is still a punk.
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-22-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Hi, I'm Mark Sanchez, welcome to Jackass!

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Now I get why Mark Sanchez is such a poor quarterback..... He can't see.

The Jets should try Tim Tebow at QB. I doubt that Tebow really has the skills to be a successful NFL quarterback, but I do think he can do at least as good a job as Mark Sanchez of running that rather strange play of having the QB ram his head into the butt of his offensive lineman and fumble the ball to the opponent.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

My favorite part is when he drops his head to the turf. Like 'I give up' lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xGGgz5TcI

LOL - first time seeing this. I can only imagine what Riverfront/early PBS was like.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xGGgz5TcI

LOL - first time seeing this. I can only imagine what Riverfront/early PBS was like.
    There wasn't anyone there to yell at the team. I went to a Jacksonville game in 2002 at PBS and sat somewhere around Section 116 in the corner of the end zone. If I threw a rock, I couldn't have hit the next closest fan. It was empty.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Jets sign Braylon Edwards...just one week after he calls them idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Jets sign Braylon Edwards...just one week after he calls them idiots.

If the cleat fits...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Reports of Goddell discussing expanding playoffs to 14 or 16 teams. Why must every league continue to cheapen their championships by adding mediocre teams to the postseason? Why even have a regular season?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

What if we set it up soccer style? Start out with 6 divisional seeding games each team playing the other 3 in their division home and away. From there a 32 team playoff could be established with 16 AFC teams and 16 NFC teams playing a double elimination tournament. Seeding matchups could rotate every year so that North 1 seed plays South 4 seed, 2s play 3s, and vice versa while East and West do the same in the first round. The following season would see North and East pair while West and South pairs, for example. In this league all teams would get at least 8 games a season, and the Super Bowl would be the 14th games played for each team as the NFC and AFC finally pair off.
    Except for the whole money making process, this could make for an exciting season where after the 6 divisional games every game is life and death for each team, while only having to put up with bad teams for 8 weeks and seeing top teams pairing up weekly!
    Is it "next season" yet?

Turn Off Ads?