View Poll Results: Are you going to watch the rest of the postseason

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not going to watch the rest of postseason

62 64.58%
  • YEs, going to watch the rest of postseason

34 35.42%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

Re: Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

I was going to until tonight. Now I'm going to have a hard time, although now I'm the biggest_Giants_fan_EVER.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Just deleted the MLB app from my phone and iPad.

Bud Selig has managed to further ruin the greatest game in the world. Absolutely no need for a second wild card team. It disgusts me that a team as pathetically mediocre and poorly put together as the Cardinals now have a real chance of being back to back champs.

I will always love the game, but the way that a father loves his child that has become a homeless drug addict.
    It doesn't matter how many spots there are. The Cardinals would be the last team to get in and manage to win the frickin' thing.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I can say I won't watch anymore, but I know better.

No, I won't be watching anymore of the playoffs. And judging from the atrocious TV ratings so far, no one except fans of the participating teams are watching either. NFL regular season games featuring the Jets and Texans are slaughtering even Yankees games, in NYC no less.

Throw in the extended presence of the vomit-inducing Cardinals and there's no way I'll turn on an NLCS game.

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    No, I won't be watching anymore of the playoffs. And judging from the atrocious TV ratings so far, no one except fans of the participating teams are watching either. NFL regular season games featuring the Jets and Texans are slaughtering even Yankees games, in NYC no less.

Throw in the extended presence of the vomit-inducing Cardinals and there's no way I'll turn on an NLCS game.
    No one watches MLB; its just a fact. I accepted it long ago. The ratings tell the story but my eyes and ears are what really matter....I can talk NFL, college football, NBA, and college basketball with any of my friends, most of my acquantances, and a majority of the strangers I meet, but when it comes to MLB....crickets.

Of course I am

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Of course I am
    Seriously, dude... Not cool.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

After last night...nope.

I'm going to watch, and I'm definitely rooting for the Tigers.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

It will be extremely tough to watch the NLCS but I will do it, albeit not as closely as I normally would...the pain is still too real.

As Doug said earlier, I will still watch, just be sick at my stomach while doing it.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Yep still watching and soaking it in.

Whoever wins doesn't affect me one iota

And if the Giants get to the series I might shoot down there and catch a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    No one watches MLB; its just a fact. I accepted it long ago. The ratings tell the story but my eyes and ears are what really matter....I can talk NFL, college football, NBA, and college basketball with any of my friends, most of my acquantances, and a majority of the strangers I meet, but when it comes to MLB....crickets.
    I don't know about ratings but no matter what bar, airport or restaurant or hotel I was in the last two weeks on the West coast they all had the games on and there were lots of cheers and high fives from Giants and A's fans.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

The Orioles are now out of it so I'm done with baseball until next season. Both series are totally unwatchable to me now and considering I'm a pretty big fan of baseball in general (I do watch a lot of non Reds games during the regular season in addition to watching the Reds most nights), this is pretty sad for me. I can't find anything worth rooting for in either series though so off to rooting for my fave football teams, fave skaters, and favorite gymnasts I go until next year.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I don't know about ratings but no matter what bar, airport or restaurant or hotel I was in the last two weeks on the West coast they all had the games on and there were lots of cheers and high fives from Giants and A's fans.
    Individual fanbases are strong and I'm sure in the cities themselves it becomes a hot topic, but lets not forget that as recently as August the A's were lucky to get 20,000 in the stands on a given night.

More to my point, if I am having a causal conversation and the fact that I am a Redskins fan comes up, people will often say things like "Excited about RG3?" Or something along those lines. When I am traveling and tell people I am from OKC they almost always mention the Thunder and/or Kevin Durant. If my Reds fandom comes up, they will mention something about the BRM or Pete Rose. Tells a whole lot about where MLB was and now is now in the national consciousness.

I was trying to describe the tension and disappointment of the 9th inning on Thursday and many of my friends didn't even know the game was being played.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Individual fanbases are strong and I'm sure in the cities themselves it becomes a hot topic, but lets not forget that as recently as August the A's were lucky to get 20,000 in the stands on a given night.

More to my point, if I am having a causal conversation and the fact that I am a Redskins fan comes up, people will often say things like "Excited about RG3?" Or something along those lines. When I am traveling and tell people I am from OKC they almost always mention the Thunder and/or Kevin Durant. If my Reds fandom comes up, they will mention something about the BRM or Pete Rose. Tells a whole lot about where MLB was and now is now in the national consciousness.

I was trying to describe the tension and disappointment of the 9th inning on Thursday and many of my friends didn't even know the game was being played.
    Baseball is wrapped in its history, the other leagues in the now, that has a lot to do with casual baseball conversation. Because of its connection to history every generation will have an attachment to items ( like the BRM) more than the now

No one ever wants to discuss Art Monk with you I bet, not Xavier McDaniel, but a baseball fan will always return to Johnny Bench or Willie Mays

Turn Off Ads?