View Poll Results: Are you going to watch the rest of the postseason

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not going to watch the rest of postseason

62 64.58%
  • YEs, going to watch the rest of postseason

34 35.42%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

I think I'm done with baseball for the year.. I'm proud of the Reds.. not angry, but I have no interest in watching the rest of the postseason.

How about everyone else?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

Hell yes

Once it's over I'll have plenty of time to contemplate my navel

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Once it's over I'll have plenty of time to contemplate my navel
    You might want to pick up a few hobbies, if that's your offseason plan.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

As much as I can.

Yes I will still watch. I am still a diehard baseball fan even though I am heartbroken right now

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I think I'm done with baseball for the year.. I'm proud of the Reds.. not angry, but I have no interest in watching the rest of the postseason.

How about everyone else?
    It usually takes about one round for me to get these things out of my system. That said if the Cardinals advance I'm not watching anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

It will probably take a few days, but I will pick it up again. Just a tad down right now.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Of course I am. I have the Yankees to root for, and the Cardinals to root against. I will do each equally enthusiastically.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    Of course I am. I have the Yankees to root for, and the Cardinals to root against. I will do each equally enthusiastically.
    Yep. And six months with no baseball is such a long time.

Last year was an amazing postseason top to bottom. Hoping for more close series and late-game heroics. Hopefully by teams other than the Cardinals.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Nope. I'm done. I'm so freakin' depressed it's unreal. *sigh* I didn't watch the Cardinals' world series either. I'm really proud of the Reds, they had one helluva season, but watching Cueto go down and then getting swept at home...it just stings. A lot.

I think I'll be taking a break from here and baseball altogether for a little while. I can't believe how heavily invested I got this year. The most I've lived and died with the Reds since 1976.

I hate hearing it, but it's appropriate right now....."get 'em next year boys!"

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I refuse to watch STL continue to win. It hurts my soul a little bit each time they succeed.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Absolutely. I love the Reds but I love baseball more.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I usually have to either stay up or wake up early to watch any games here. I am done until the winter meetings.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Of course I'll watch. Since I don't have cable, it will be nice to see some games on Fox soon

I'll root against the Cardinals, which will probably end up being another shot to the giblets...

I don't think I will watch. I need to step back and address my Van Der Memes addiction. I will follow what is happening and will likely watch some highlights but I don't care what happens. In a way this is a relief as the tension of the past week has given way to exhaustion. I was too tense to follow the games which without cable I couldn't watch. Reading the threads was too much. I wish the Reds were still going on. Heck I remember where in my dorm I sat and watched each game in 1990. Maybe I will dig out my tape of game 4 and watch that one night. As for this season, they can play the games. Hopefully they will have suspense, the umps won't play a role, and games won't be decided on a mistake, blunder or error but rather on skill and performance. May the best team win and may that team not be the Cardinals.

Turn Off Ads?