Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I Love JESUS

Josh Hamilton ?

Think they'll go after him since he's FA ?
    Last edited by Trademark; 10-11-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Re: Josh Hamilton ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
    Think they'll go after him since he's FA ?
    This team doesn't have the cash revenue for a move like that...and never will...

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    This team doesn't have the cash revenue for a move like that...and never will...
    Or a babysitter.

their not gonna afford what he is gonna be offered. Someone will offer 7 years and 150 million and that team will be taking a huge risk.

I Love JESUS

yea 1 can dream i guess, imagine if he'd want to come back cheap since the Reds gave him a chance though

Way too expensive and way too risky IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    their not gonna afford what he is gonna be offered. Someone will offer 7 years and 150 million and that team will be taking a huge risk.
    Replace "...taking a huge risk" with "...a bunch of bloomin' idiots"

Just my view.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

No. I like Josh, but it's too risky. He's questionable goods in that he may crash any time--he's doing well now, but any addict can relapse in a heartbeat. and he'll be too expensive.

Phillups
    Kozart
    Votto
    Hamilton
    Ludwick
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Over da Pence View Post
    Phillups
    Kozart
    Votto
    Hamilton
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Cueto
    Cozart

This is the year

we wish.

If we shell out money, would rather have angel Pagan

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Wasn't he a Bob C. favorite?

what if out of the blue we fans hear the Cardinals are looking at Josh Hamilton.. I for one would be ticked. I do hope the Reds at least kick the tires and see what it would take. Say the only teams are the Reds and Cardinals.. Does ownership at least try to keep him away from the Cardinals?? I would at least see what it would take.. I cant imagine if the Reds did sign him the season ticket sales wouldnt go up!! I was one that hated to see him traded in the first place. AND if Ludwick wants big money.. I would rather give it to Josh .. whats everybodys thoughts? I hope the Reds do secretly do something..

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    what if out of the blue we fans hear the Cardinals are looking at Josh Hamilton.. I for one would be ticked. I do hope the Reds at least kick the tires and see what it would take. Say the only teams are the Reds and Cardinals.. Does ownership at least try to keep him away from the Cardinals?? I would at least see what it would take.. I cant imagine if the Reds did sign him the season ticket sales wouldnt go up!! I was one that hated to see him traded in the first place. AND if Ludwick wants big money.. I would rather give it to Josh .. whats everybodys thoughts? I hope the Reds do secretly do something..
    I don't see how the Cardinals can sign another big contract with the likes of Matt Holliday, and Carlos Beltran..plus Adam Wainwright is due for big cash as well.

I just don't see the Cardinals having the funds, period. It would surprise me BEYOND BELIEF if they somehow make a run towards him.

Right now, I see many teams like the Rangers, Giants, Phillies, Yankees, Mets, etc as front runners currently.

I would love the reds to have Hamilton. He's obviously a talented player, and someone who does go through periods of struggles, but regardless of those struggles he still hits 40+ HR a year, and drives in 100+. Plus good defense to boot. He's a 5 tool player that would benefit anyone's offense, period.

That said, he'll be looking for a GINORMOUS payday in his free agency year. Even we don't sign Ludwick, there just isn't enough money in the well there for the Reds to sign him (unless if Bob C. wants to open up the wallet). He'll probably be looking for something a tad under what Votto got-I predict-somewhere around 170 million 5/6 years.

Big contracts usually drown small market teams like the Reds.The reds have key guys locked up for a long time (Votto, Cueto, Bruce, Phillips, etc) and just need to make minor adjustments here and there. Lets not forget, they were just a few games away from winning 100. This team is talented, and doesn't need Hamilton..though it would be nice to have him
    Last edited by RedTruck; 10-20-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Turn Off Ads?