Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we WILL WIN Game 5: The Definitive List

Why we WILL WIN Game 5: The Definitive List

Feeling a bit uncertain about tomorrow? Too focused on reasons why things might go south? Need a persuasive, evidence-based case to get you into the positive mindset you must have? This thread is for you.

After collecting contributions from all corners of RedsZone for this list of reasons why tomorrow (Thurs) will be our day in Game 5 vs the Giants, I realized it had to be its own thread. As best I can tell, this is the most comprehensive list of its kind on redszone.com! With a few thanks to Old Red Guard posters as noted:

- We're at home
    - Latos is as tough as they come for us. And, he hates the Giants and tends to mow them down nicely
    - Our BP, while maybe not as rested (debateable), is still the class of the NL with maybe just the exception of Dondedondo.
    - We have the bats
    - Cain has lost a bunch of times for reasons that haven't changed; doesn't matter that it'd be the 4th time.
    - Dusty has the biggest motivation of all time to make the right calls to close out
    - Can't have both my postseason predictions proved wrong on the same day; that'd be crazy talk
    - Timmy won't be on the mound again for SF
    - Got our butts handed to us in 2010 and too many on this roster won't let it happen again. Motivation matters.
    - goreds2 (and no doubt lots of other RZers) will be at the game wiling us to victory. Laugh if you will but the 10th man also matters.
    - Han the Man back behind the plate after being taken out in Game 4.
    - Jay Bruce playing like Jay Bruce this postseason. Can you spell K-E-Y?
    - Game 5 on 10/11/12. If that's not prophetic in the best of ways, I don't know what is!
    - The Giants are 1-5 all-time in winner-take-all postseason games. (Ghosts of 1990/ORG)
    - The Reds MUST be the ones to take it to the Yankees a la 1976!(mdccclxix/ORG w/ minor 1040757690 edits)
    - Take emotion out of it. Vegas knows! http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/ (thx again to Ghosts/ORG)
    - It's Just One Game!! (RedEye/ORG and many other ORG and Sundeckers)
    - The Reds have won 3 Worlds Championships, and played in 6 World Series in my short lifetime. (Always Red/ORG)
    - "I love this team." (VR/ORG and presumably all who inhabit RZ)
    - "I have a good feeling about tomorrow." (quote from Sonny, echoed by Kc61 and 757690 (all ORG), RedRolen and many, many others on all decks and old guards)
    - "the Reds need to win five out of the next eight games to get to the World Series? That's as close to their season winning percentage as you can possibly be over eight games." (camisadelgolf/ORG)
    - with what the Oakland A's pulled off tonight (WOW!!!) in their game 4, clearly our challenge can be overcome!

LDS GAME 5. LATOS v. CAIN.
    REDS WILL WIN. REDS WILL WIN. REDS WILL WIN.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why we WILL WIN Game 5: The Definitive List

ALL THOSE REASONS PLUS I JUST READ WHAT JOEY SAID IN THE TRIBUNE.....He stayed late to clear his head & was excited for the opportunity for tomorrow!!!!

WE WILL WIN!!!

Somewhere the Giants have a list just like this on why they will win.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Who cares!!

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Er, I'd point out a few obvious things like SF isn't at home and Vegas isn't favoring them but no matter.

The evidence is overwhelming.

LATOS IS A MACHINE. GAME 5 IS OURS!

Mat Latos, he no like to lose and he no like the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Er, I'd point out a few obvious things like SF isn't at home and Vegas isn't favoring them but no matter.

The evidence is overwhelming.

LATOS IS A MACHINE. GAME 5 IS OURS!

These is no evidence. Both teams fans have a list of countless reason why they think their team is going to win, only one is going to be right and most every single reason the fans think isn't going to be a factor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Vegas isn't favoring them but no matter.
    It's not like the Reds are an overwhelming favorite. This game is a virtual coinflip. Last time I checked, the lines the Reds were -115. That equals barely >50% win odds.

And the Reds were bigger favorites in game 4. I think the line closed around Reds -145. I still like our chances, but this game could easily go either way. Hopefully the breaks and bounces go our way bc in 1 game crazy things happen.

Oh and who's giving the pep talk for this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sODWrEHPZFY
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 10-11-2012 at 02:36 AM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

we will win. no hesitation. #Believe
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    Oh and who's giving the pep talk for this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sODWrEHPZFY
    Very good video. Hey, if anyone is at the game today, stop over and say hi. I will be the one in the Reds jacket.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Votto will go off today. No one is preparing like he is. Latos pitches a gem. No one hates the Giants more than he does.

Mr Redlegs will shave his mustache if we win.

You left out the most obvious and important reason:

We are the better team.

Thanks Biff. And others (even thanks to the 2 or 3 "voices of reasons" on a thread not really targeting that ) We're the better team. So simple. So true.

Today is such a big day for the LDS series. My own probabilities for wins (in descending order from most likely to least likely), being as objective as I can muster:

- 1. Most prob. Reds over Giants (all the reasons above but Latos chief among them)

- 2. Second most likely. O's over Yankees (O's, amazingly, have shown they can run with NY. After how JJ gave it up last night, think them come back with a vengeance to send it to a 5th).

- 3. Tigers over A's. Would LOVE to see the A's win this as most of America probably would. And they really could given what they've done to get to this point. But let's not pretend the Tigers aren't throwing Verlander. They are.

- 4. Nats over Cardinals. I'll be at this game pulling for the Nats but I'm not optimistic because my general optimism is always tempered by realism. Will be thrilled if they equalize but, of all the series, this is the only one that has seemed like an outright mismatch. Shouldn't be. But has been. Hope they surprise me but wouldn't put any money on it.

REDS WILL WIN. TOO MANY REASONS SUPPORTING THAT VIEW TO MAKE ANY OTHER OUTCOME SUPPORTABLE.

[Insert Jim Belushi's Bluto Speech Here. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Go! Go! Go!]

Oh, and hometown and ervins, you guys be sure and check back on this thread after we win, ya hear?

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedLegger View Post

Mr Redlegs will shave his mustache if we win.
    Then he will be Mr. Red.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

The number one reason why the Reds WILL WIN the game today. The sun came up this morning. That was the only thing that could have held this team back!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?