Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My final post

EMAW

My final post

Am well aware I will be banned for not bashing Dusty Baker so here goes.

It is absolutely ridiculous and idiotic that so many people want to get rid of a manager who has led this team to the playoffs twice in three years. The Reds were the absolute joke of baseball before Dusty arrived and are now a legit contender.

Be careful what all you haters wish for. A new manager may give you a better OBP guy leading off but doubtful he will be able to get guys to run through walls like Dusty did. Injury to Votto for almost 50 games, season ending injury to Madson before ever pitching and this team wins almost 100 games.

I remember back in 2005 when my beloved Kansas State Wildcats went away from the tried and true formula of Bill Snyder and a trainwreck occurred, chemistry sucked, players were miserable and the wheels came off in a hurry.

The same thing can (and I predict will) happen to this fragile group. The Reds are not nearly as talented as all the Baker haters claim. Dusty got great mileage out of this team and all he got was hatred and second guessing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My final post

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post

It is absolutely ridiculous and idiotic that so many people want to get rid of a manager who has led this team to the playoffs twice in three years. The Reds were the absolute joke of baseball before Dusty arrived and are now a legit contender.

Be careful what all you haters wish for. A new manager may give you a better OBP guy leading off but doubtful he will be able to get guys to run through walls like Dusty did. Injury to Votto for almost 50 games, season ending injury to Madson before ever pitching and this team wins almost 100 games.

I remember back in 2005 when my beloved Kansas State Wildcats went away from the tried and true formula of Bill Snyder and a trainwreck occurred, chemistry sucked, players were miserable and the wheels came off in a hurry.

The same thing can (and I predict will) happen to this fragile group. The Reds are not nearly as talented as all the Baker haters claim. Dusty got great mileage out of this team and all he got was hatred and second guessing.
    Do you truly think that a manager alone can win 97 games?

Like Tracey Jones said, when the 1991 team lost 102 games with Sparky Anderson under the helm, they didn't lose because Sparky was a bad manager, but because the players stinked.

Look how Bochey managed the game. There was constant urgency, always was there a arm warming in the bullpen..with Dusty, he just took it so nonchalantly. Look at leake. Look at latos. Look at arredondo.

This is his staple and i'm tired of it.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

EMAW...i hear ya man!!!

Jocketty said he expects all coaches to be back next year. Don't take your ball and go home yet.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

I believe Dusty does alot of good that you will never see by the moves he makes in a game. Could we get dual managers? Dusty be the psychologist and motivator. And someone else to fill out lineups and manage games.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post

Like Tracey Jones said, when the 1991 team lost 102 games with Sparky Anderson under the helm, they didn't lose because Sparky was a bad manager, but because the players stinked.

Look how Bochey managed the game. There was constant urgency, always was there a arm warming in the bullpen..with Dusty, he just took it so nonchalantly. Look at leake. Look at latos. Look at arredondo.

My memory must be gone, Sparky, 1991? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by George Bland View Post
    My memory must be gone, Sparky, 1991? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post

And when the '90 Reds won it all with John McNamara it wasn't Johnny Mc who won all dem games.
    "Me carrying a briefcase is like a hotdog wearing earrings." Sparky Anderson

Dusty is a good baseball man but he just is not a very good post-season manager.

Quote Originally Posted by boiseheidleberg View Post
    And when the '90 Reds won it all with John McNamara it wasn't Johnny Mc who won all dem games.
    I think you mean Lou Pinella.

What wall did Dusty get Cueto to run through the past week? thats right..no wall at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post

I agree. Maybe instead of bashing everyone tip your hat to the Giants. You would have beat any other NL team. Why blame Dusty for?

Quote Originally Posted by Seat5 View Post
    I think you mean Lou Pinella.
    That was in reply to RedTruck who cited Sparky as the 1990 manager.

Quote Originally Posted by boiseheidleberg View Post
    That was in reply to RedTruck who cited Sparky as the 1990 manager.
    opps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seat5 View Post
    opps.
    Actually cited sparky as the 91 manager.

Turn Off Ads?