Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I understand the pain that some of you are going through

I understand the pain that some of you are going through

I was thinking about what one of the members wrote. It's none of anyone's business to critique the things that we invest our emotions in. I understand that some people will tell you that it's just a game and that you shouldn't be upset since it's all just some chit chat entertainment to pass the time. These people do not understand a thing and should be told off. When they say it's just sports, it's like us telling them that their religion is just their hobby, so who cares what other people have to say about it.

So I'm not going to tell you guys to just forget about it. It didn't work and it's not as simple as that. I'm simply telling you guys that I understand what you are going through. You were leading 2 games to none, you won 2 games on the road and were on the verge of impressing your home crowd of 45,000 but couldn't quite seal the deal. Whether it was Latos, Dusty, or Rolen is irrelevant at this point. You guys lost and I understand why it's hard.

Don't ever let anyone tell you it's just a game. I have a friend that tells me that I don't need to get upset when the team I'm rooting for loses, as long as I don't have any money invested in it. He says as long as it's not my own team that I play for or as long as I didn't lose a lot of money, I shouldn't really dwell. He is wrong. He is not a true fan. He just watches the news and thinks he knows sports because he watches sports on the news.

The only thing you can do is root harder and harder. Stay passionate. Without pain, there is virtually no reward. It's a cliche but next season is coming around. There are a lot of decisions to be made. Take time to mourn but sports is constantly flowing and is moving on. Do you keep Dusty? Do you wait for Latos to mature? Do you say goodbye to Rolen? I hate to say life moves on, but it does. You'll never get over it, just like I never got over 02 with dusty. ( I know it's always somethin bout dusty.) You won't get over it but you'll essentially get used to it. The fairest advice I can give you is to drink profusely for a couple of weeks, if you will. Don't get too carried away but drink until you get tired of it and before you know it next season will be here and you will be all fired up again and screw the normal people who are boring and say it's just a sport, it's just a game. Because essentially they do not understand and you must not give in. You have to keep rooting. I do too. It's our nature and we will never stop. Go baseball!!!
    Last edited by Over da Pence; 10-12-2012 at 06:05 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I understand the pain that some of you are going through

Quote Originally Posted by Over da Pence View Post
    I was thinking about what one of the members wrote. It's none of anyone's business to critique the things that we invest our emotions in. I understand that some people will tell you that it's just a game and that you shouldn't be upset since it's all just some chit chat entertainment to pass the time. These people do not understand a thing and should be told off. When they say it's just sports, it's like us telling them that their religion is just their hobby, so who cares what other people have to say about it.

So I'm not going to tell you guys to just forget about it. It didn't work and it's not as simple as that. I'm simply telling you guys that I understand what you are going through. You were leading 2 games to none, you won 2 games on the road and were on the verge of impressing your home crowd of 45,000 but couldn't quite seal the deal. Whether it was Latos, Dusty, or Rolen is irrelevant at this point. You guys lost and I understand why it's hard.

Don't ever let anyone tell you it's just a game. I have a friend that tells me that I don't need to get upset when the team I'm rooting for loses, as long as I don't have any money invested in it. He says as long as it's not my own team that I play for or as long as I didn't lose a lot of money, I shouldn't really dwell. He is wrong. He is not a true fan. He just watches the news and thinks he knows sports because he watches sports on the news.

The only thing you can do is root harder and harder. Stay passionate. Without pain, there is virtually no reward. It's a cliche but next season is coming around. There are a lot of decisions to be made. Take time to mourn but sports is constantly flowing and is moving on. Do you keep Dusty? Do you wait for Latos to mature? Do you say goodbye to Rolen? I hate to say life moves on, but it does. You'll never get over it, just like I never got over 02 with dusty. ( I know it's always somethin bout dusty.) You won't get over it but you'll essentially get used to it. The fairest advice I can give you is to drink profusely for a couple of weeks, if you will. Don't get too carried away but drink until you get tired of it and before you know it next season will be here and you will be all fired up again and screw the normal people who are boring and say it's just a sport, it's just a game. Because essentially they do not understand and you must not give in. You have to keep rooting. I do too. It's our nature and we will never stop. Go baseball!!!
    Thanks..I guess..still hurts though

Turn Off Ads?