Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My final post

Re: My final post

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Am well aware I will be banned for not bashing Dusty Baker so here goes.

It is absolutely ridiculous and idiotic that so many people want to get rid of a manager who has led this team to the playoffs twice in three years. The Reds were the absolute joke of baseball before Dusty arrived and are now a legit contender.
    I'm think it had more to do with the 400 million the owner dropped on good players than it did Dustyball

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ....and the guy least likely to run through a wall played the most

I despise the Cardinals....but they play it all out way more than the Reds....as do the hated Yankees full of completely proven guys that don't typically do that.

Dusty didn't have any single player play hard that wouldn't play hard for anyone.

Dusty's postseason blues are tough to match. Managed 19 seasons....zero championships but 3 monumental collapses, with this one maybe being the worst of them all.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by boiseheidleberg View Post
    And when the '90 Reds won it all with John McNamara it wasn't Johnny Mc who won all dem games.
    Damn straight. It was Vern Rapp!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I'm think it had more to do with the 400 million the owner dropped on good players than it did Dustyball
    Most of that 400 million was already on the team...get your facts straight homie!!!!

Someone posted somewhere else yesterday that Dusty is great for the marathon of the regular season and terrible with the sprint of the postseason. I am to lazy to look for who said it but I think they were spot on. Game 4 felt like Dusty was running out the "b" lineup. I was at the game on Wednesday and told the friend I went with before they started that we would lose the next two games. You just can't punt away a game in the postseason and get away with it.
    That being said I don't know how I feel about Dusty returning. I guess I could go either way. He does some things that make me curse, but he also gets more out of some guys than I think he should, and there is something to be said for that

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    Someone posted somewhere else yesterday that Dusty is great for the marathon of the regular season and terrible with the sprint of the postseason. I am to lazy to look for who said it but I think they were spot on. Game 4 felt like Dusty was running out the "b" lineup. I was at the game on Wednesday and told the friend I went with before they started that we would lose the next two games. You just can't punt away a game in the postseason and get away with it.
    That being said I don't know how I feel about Dusty returning. I guess I could go either way. He does some things that make me curse, but he also gets more out of some guys than I think he should, and there is something to be said for that
    Excellent Point. I felt the same way about game 4
    He seemed to be saving for Game 5

anytime you put arrendondo in a 2 run game tells me you're giving up the game and saving for game 5...this is something you do in July...why not have Arroyo warming, or Bailey? Giants were throwing the book, doing everything

Quote Originally Posted by osuredleg24 View Post
    anytime you put arrendondo in a 2 run game tells me you're giving up the game and saving for game 5...this is something you do in July...why not have Arroyo warming, or Bailey? Giants were throwing the book, doing everything
    I'm not one for bringing in starters in relief, but should have went with big 3 relievers, it was the 7th inning when arrendondo came in

My biggest problem with Dusty in this series is that he was managing like it was July or August instead of October.

The b-team lineup in Game 4? Sure, I understand that's what he's done all season in day games following night games. But it's not July or August.

No quick hook for Latos yesterday? No Arroyo or Homer in relief? They had to win; you can't worry about the next series or the next game in that situation.

Ultimately, though, they lost because they left their bats in San Francisco. 39 runners left on base in 5 games ain't gonna get it done.

In hindsight, Game 3 killed them. 9 innings of 1 run, 1 hit pitching? You really, REALLY should win that game. But they couldn't muster a second run. All downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj017 View Post
    My biggest problem with Dusty in this series is that he was managing like it was July or August instead of October.

The b-team lineup in Game 4? Sure, I understand that's what he's done all season in day games following night games. But it's not July or August.

No quick hook for Latos yesterday? No Arroyo or Homer in relief? They had to win; you can't worry about the next series or the next game in that situation.

Ultimately, though, they lost because they left their bats in San Francisco. 39 runners left on base in 5 games ain't gonna get it done.

In hindsight, Game 3 killed them. 9 innings of 1 run, 1 hit pitching? You really, REALLY should win that game. But they couldn't muster a second run. All downhill from there.
    Agree with all of this...what Dusty doesn't matter if anyone can get a hit on Tuesday night, but I don't think they had any sense of urgency until they were down 6 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysawarrior View Post
    Was curious about this as well so I looked up his post-season stats.

19-25 in post season games
    3-6 in post season series (including 2-4 in the first round)

Turn Off Ads?