Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks, Mr. Castellini

Thanks, Mr. Castellini

Thanks to Bob Castellini for making baseball matter in October again. As bad as it hurts to drop 3 at home and check out of the postseason, it's been a lot of fun being a Reds fan this season. Brighter days are ahead, folks. Opening Day 2013 is right around the corner!

WOOOOO!
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thanks, Mr. Castellini

I agree.
    Cast did everything in his power to help the team win. He was very generous.
    This is still the best season since 1995. Thanks BobC .
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Agreed.
    Go BLUE!!!

Add me to the list.

Fantastic season, made possible by a strong organization from top to bottom, starting with the owner.

A couple of unfortunate injuries to the team's #1 player and #1 starter may have cost the team the chance at more glory, but I'm going to remember this season for a long time.

"So Fla Red"

Yes indeed. Despite the agonozing what ifs for months, the franchise is in great hands and one to be proud of once again. I always thought 2013-2015 was the real window.

Time for Walt to make some tweaks in the offseason to take it to the next level. The bench was unacceptable this season and time to make some calls on the roster management (Stubbs/Heisey, Arredondo, etc.).

Really, if the Giants lost Matt Cain after 8 pitches and Buster Posey was reduced to nothing more than a singles hitter then things would have been different. Just a shame the Reds lost with limited to no contributions from our two best WAR players on the roster.

Agreed. Ownership has vaulted the team to the next level.

Nice post...as bitterly disappointing as today's loss and the series loss are, I feel good about the future of this organization.

Thanks Reds owners and management!

I hated losing this series, but it was nice to still be playing baseball on October 11th.

Next year, we will have Cueto back, and Joey will be back at full strength. Watch out MLB in 2013!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Thank you indeed. Mr. Castellini has delivered on the promise he made in his first press conference as owner. Championship baseball has indeed returned to Cincinnati and I fully expect to win bigger and better trophies in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Yes, this team is built to continually contend for years to come.

Revamping of the farm system, good drafts, and international signings has amounted to Votto, Cozart, Frazier, Bruce, Stubbs, Heisey, Hanigan, Mez, Cueto, Bailey, Leake, Chapman, Ondrusek............and crafty trades that got us BP, Arroyo, Latos, Rolen, etc.

Clearly they are in it to win it the right way. It will happen. The Big Red Machine started trying in the early 70's and finally won 2 in the mid-70's.

It will happen.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Thanks to Bob Castellini for making baseball matter in October again. As bad as it hurts to drop 3 at home and check out of the postseason, it's been a lot of fun being a Reds fan this season. Brighter days are ahead, folks. Opening Day 2013 is right around the corner!

WOOOOO!
    That's the kind of post that people should be posting, and I commend you for it.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

On the upside, one of the strengths of this team is that our owner will find this absolutely unacceptable. There will be reinforcements this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post

WOOOOO!
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

171 days til Opening Day.

Turn Off Ads?