Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Scott Rolen

Scott Rolen

The horrendious play of Scott Rolen in the playoffs in 2010 and 2012 is an abomination. I felt he sealed the deal with that E5 in Game 3, all though I didnt want to believe it. Also the pitch in which he ended our season was a hanging slider that was begging to be hit to Kentucky and he flailed at it (Now Switching the tone of this post,,,,,,,)
    Call it a career Scott, your not up to the task in key situations anymore. Thanks for the help getting the team to win, but your time here is gone the numbers on the field dont add up and at the end of the day baseball is YOUR job and its all business, enjoy your time and getting to be a full time dad, Best of Luck you gave us Cincinnati Fans some reasons to cheer again but as they say all good things must eventually come to an end. The reason why its so hard to cope with, is that you are probably the kindest, and best all around guy in the MLB..... Hand the the ropes over to Frazier and ride in to the sunset. You will still be in the HOF and hopefully you choose to go in as a RED.. Goodluck Scott
    Last edited by wvreds; 10-11-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Scott Rolen

sad ending, striking out to end the season for the Reds.. and the error.. Now he is going to retire, but delay the timing.. I had really hoped his last swing would make up for the error in the 9nth today.. Taking the 1st two pitches for strikes kinad blew my mind.. thought he would looking for the fastball to drive out of there... sigh

I lover scott rolen. I'd like to take him out to dinner

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    The horrendious play of Scott Rolen in the playoffs in 2010 and 2012 is an abomination. More errors than hits, I mean come on
    If you are going to blast someone, please at least get your facts correct so you do not sound like an idiot

4 Errors is not more that 4 Hits

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    If you are going to blast someone, please at least get your facts correct so you do not sound like an idiot

If you are going to critique someone please at least learn elementary english and use "than", rather than "that"

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post

Well, he should have had another error, but BP saved him by backing up first with a diving play.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Scott Rolen has been a ballplayer's player! Flat out stud. He's had a HOF career.

Every player's time does expire....Rolen's time is now.

Thanks for the work ethic, clubhouse leadership and some fantastic play as a Red!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Scott Rolen has been a ballplayer's player! Flat out stud. He's had a HOF career.

Every player's time does expire....Rolen's time is now.

Thanks for the work ethic, clubhouse leadership and some fantastic play as a Red!

great pro. I would like to take him out to dinner. on me.

nm...

I'm not going to blame Scott. It just wasn't meant to be. Seriously who would of guessed everything that happened would happen? It wasn't meant to be.

I don't blame Rolen either. All the positives cited are the right things to cite imho. He's done a lot to inspire, lead, mentor and even in the field and from the plate across the year.

Can't blame him anymore than others who figured prominently in the implosion. Latos? BP's base-running gaffe? DondeDondo? Stubbs? Kind of impossible to allocate blame.

And that's because we shouldn't try.

Agree Scott Rolen probably should retire now--with full honors. And Frazier should be given the job for real out of spring training.

But no blame. Let's make the changes that need to be made. And let's get 'em next year. No, really, I want to get them all next year. Or else.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Thank you Scott for the memories. You got the Reds to learn how to win.

Green day - Time of your life with lyrics - YouTube
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?