Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My 2012 Thoughts

My 2012 Thoughts

While it was a truly disappointing end to a fantastic season, I must say I still really enjoyed the 2012 Reds more than any other Reds team I remember. From the blockbuster trades in the off-season, to pitchers and catchers reporting, to an amazing Opening Night 2012 with 15 autographs alongside my wife and faithful Reds companion, Molly. Forward onto a woeful April and early May, to an amazing June and July, to persevering through Votto's injury when no one said we could while INCREASING our division lead, to potential Rookie-of-the-Year, Cy Young, MVP, Comeback-Player-of-the-Year, and Rolaids Relief award candidates. To Barry Larkin getting the call to the "Greatest Hall of them All". For having the potential of a 20 game winner, a record setting bullpen, 5 Starting Pitchers with 200+ innings pitched and nearly all with 10+ wins. Onward to a commanding division lead with the luxury of time, Homer Bailey's no hitter, and a memorable night at the ballpark when the Reds clinch. This wasn't a season to forget, but rather one to remember. To each and every one of you who I shared it with at some point or another, thank you. It really was a fun ride.

Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My 2012 Thoughts

Great post . I'm devastated. And tremendously depressed. But I love the positive attitude.

I sure did have fun checking the scores this season, wondering just what kind of deal with the devil these guys had made to get hot when their MVP player went down. That was the best streak of Reds baseball I can remember.

And I'm getting to be one of the old guys on the board.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Best Reds team since the '70's. Never been prouder to be a Reds fan since then.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Thanks Redszone. It was a great season on the field, and it was truly a great season here. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Cheers.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    While it was a truly disappointing end to a fantastic season, I must say I still really enjoyed the 2012 Reds more than any other Reds team I remember. From the blockbuster trades in the off-season, to pitchers and catchers reporting, to an amazing Opening Night 2012 with 15 autographs alongside my wife and faithful Reds companion, Molly. Forward onto a woeful April and early May, to an amazing June and July, to persevering through Votto's injury when no one said we could while INCREASING our division lead, to potential Rookie-of-the-Year, Cy Young, MVP, Comeback-Player-of-the-Year, and Rolaids Relief award candidates. To Barry Larkin getting the call to the "Greatest Hall of them All". For having the potential of a 20 game winner, a record setting bullpen, 5 Starting Pitchers with 200+ innings pitched and nearly all with 10+ wins. Onward to a commanding division lead with the luxury of time, Homer Bailey's no hitter, and a memorable night at the ballpark when the Reds clinch. This wasn't a season to forget, but rather one to remember. To each and every one of you who I shared it with at some point or another, thank you. It really was a fun ride.

Matt
    Couldn't have said it better myself - so many great things about this season that we should remember and enjoy! Even with an unpleasant finish, 2012 is well worth remembering as a great time to be a Reds fan. On top of that, I also was accepted into ORG, which increased my enjoyment of the season!

If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Turn Off Ads?