Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on Dusty

My thoughts on Dusty

Dusty is GREAT at the it's a marathon not a sprint aspect of baseball, which is what the regular season is, keeping guys loose knowing that the good will soon come, and managing the long haul of the season.

The problem is, the playoff's are a sprint, there are gambles that need to be taken, and each game needs to be managed as if it's the last, and that's where he got outmanaged this series. I would have loved to have seen Latos in game 4, and if that didn't work, start Chapman, and ride his arm 2-3 innings, then Marshall, whoever, I just never got the feeling he was pulling all of the stops.

My thoughts are now, give Chris Speier the job, for a couple million less than Dusty would command, and put that into the player money pool. Just my thoughts as right now, I'm afraid of not extending, and aftraid of extending. I don't want to lose the quality regular season Dusty, but I could do without the playoff Dusty.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My thoughts on Dusty

Dusty is sort of like Don Nelson, he knows how to win. He just hasn't got the big one yet. Luck plays a part.

My thoughts are all wrapped up in this quote

Q. Was there any consideration about pulling Latos before the Posey at bat?
    DUSTY BAKER: No, he was dealing.
    He was dealing up 2 runs and the bases loaded

The first order of business is Reds manager Dusty Baker’s status. His contract is up.

Jocketty said he expects Baker to be back, along with all of the coaches whose contracts are up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    My thoughts are all wrapped up in this quote

He was dealing up 2 runs and the bases loaded
    LOL, Dusty would make one helluva a political spin doctor.

Rick Sweet 2013!!!

Not sure yet how I feel about Dusty staying or going. But this thread helps. Need to noodle more.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Kcbuckeye22 View Post
    Rick Sweet 2013!!!
    Disaster

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Jocketty said he expects Baker to be back, along with all of the coaches whose contracts are up as well.
    Keyword there is "expect." A lot can happen, y'know.

Like, I expected to be rich by this time in my life.

Dusty did not lose the playoffs in any way, shape or form. To think that a different manager (Chris Speier, Sparky Anderson, Walter Alston, whoever) could have "done something" to change the outcome is just a simple way of trying to explain away an ugly loss.

The thing I like most about Dusty is the way the players seem to enjoy playing for him. It's so rare to see a manager with an arm around one of his player's backs smiling but with Dusty you see it all the time. I hope he gets a nice contract extension and leads us to the World Series.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Dusty did not lose the playoffs in any way, shape or form. To think that a different manager (Chris Speier, Sparky Anderson, Walter Alston, whoever) could have "done something" to change the outcome is just a simple way of trying to explain away an ugly loss.

The thing I like most about Dusty is the way the players seem to enjoy playing for him. It's so rare to see a manager with an arm around one of his player's backs smiling but with Dusty you see it all the time. I hope he gets a nice contract extension and leads us to the World Series.
    I'm going to disagree. Yeah, it's great the players love him and all but the man is completely hopeless in in-game adjustments. That's said, I don't necessarily think Dusty needs to be shown the door quite yet.

If there's anyone I want to see go, it's Jacoby. The offense needs a better approach at the plate and that's something I think a new hitting coach address.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Keyword there is "expect." A lot can happen, y'know.

Like, I expected to be rich by this time in my life.
    It's up to Dusty, obvious Walt wants him back and Bob has stated his Dusty love already.

Quote Originally Posted by UCBrownsfan View Post
    I would have loved to have seen Latos in game 4, and if that didn't work, start Chapman, and ride his arm 2-3 innings, then Marshall, whoever, I just never got the feeling he was pulling all of the stops.
    Make it stop!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing Speier as manager.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Speier as manager.
    WIBW 580 in Topeka, KS said Speier is the front runner for the Rockies opening

Turn Off Ads?