Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: your reds mvp

Re: your reds mvp

Ryan Ludwick. I really hope I see him in a Reds uniform next season.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

phillips, ludwick

Chapman
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Chapman

I guess Chapman, slight edge over Ludwick

Most Valuable Player? Joey Votto

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Ryan Hanigan, for me its him hands down. The way he handles the pitching staff is amazing. I don't think it's a coincidence that Homer Bailey started pitching better once Hanigan started catching him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Ryan Hanigan, for me its him hands down. The way he handles the pitching staff is amazing. I don't think it's a coincidence that Homer Bailey started pitching better once Hanigan started catching him!!!
    I agree, I wish he would have caught Leake in game 4....never know

BP, hands down. Put him in the line-up wherever you want, he'll do it and do it well. Crazy good leather at second (if it's not gold glove worthy they should do away with the award)...played all the time!

Cueto/Phillips/Chapman/Votto

Mike Costanzo hands down

EMAW

Really the whole team that was able to win 97 games despite such a terrible strategist running the team. Easily the greatest collection of talent since the 1927 Yankees, maybe even greater. Hall of Famers at every spot on the field, other than the dugout.

LeClure should get some notice for being so consistent this year. The utility guy of the bullpen. He was awesome in the playoffs, as well.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Really the whole team that was able to win 97 games despite such a terrible strategist running the team. Easily the greatest collection of talent since the 1927 Yankees, maybe even greater. Hall of Famers at every spot on the field, other than the dugout.
    Dusty is a Hall of Famer. Just look at all those titles he's won.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Ryan Ludwick, 26 HR and 80 RBI in just 422 AB and went into beast mode when Joey hit the DL to help salvage the season when things looked scary. Then he hit .333 with 4 walks and hit 3 Jacks but never had anyone on base for them and made some big plays in the OF.
    That's right Homey....Like La Russa, Baker did not know how to use RL....I told you guys the minute Lud hit Cincy that it was a MONSTER aquisition. I recall predicting that batting behind Votto he would bat .270, get 30 HR's and 90+ RBI. Very few believed me. But if he had played every day he would have exeeded all those numbers.

Due to Votto's down time, and the fact that JC is a pitcher, I would call it a dead heat between Ludstick and BP.

Turn Off Ads?