Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it sinking in for anyone else RIGHT NOW too?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Is it sinking in for anyone else RIGHT NOW too?

Maybe it was because I was overwhelmed by the excitement of being at the most intense GABP crowd ever, but it's taken a good 5 hours for the reality of our series to set in.

Man. This doesn't feel good.

Re: Is it sinking in for anyone else RIGHT NOW too?

Yeah this one hurts bad.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I'm completely devastated about it to be honest. I will never forget this. I'm not sure ill ever fully latch on hope of a team winning it all again. If this team couldn't do it I'm not sure what it will take. More luck I suppose. I am completely crushed.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I'm completely devastated about it to be honest. I will never forget this. I'm not sure ill ever fully latch on hope of a team winning it all again. If this team couldn't do it I'm not sure what it will take. More luck I suppose. I am completely crushed.
    No offense man, I know you are crushed and I am too but I don't think you ever fully latched on hope of this team winning it all. You seemed pretty damn sure we were doomed in April and still seemed that way at the start of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Maybe it was because I was overwhelmed by the excitement of being at the most intense GABP crowd ever, but it's taken a good 5 hours for the reality of our series to set in.

Man. This doesn't feel good.
    I'll probably feel it tomorrow morning at work... but I drowned my sorrows with some ice cream tonight...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Meh. I was over it immediately after. I love the Reds but I was prepared if they lost. It just seemed like it wasn't meant to be.

I would feel a lot worse if I couldn't see how good this team is from top to bottom, and how little it will take to make it even better next year. If I thought it was a one time deal, I would be much more miserable about it. But, this team should easily be the favorites to win the Division again next year. And, as we see with the new playoff format, in contention all year even if they don't.

Painful? Yes. Devastating? No.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I think it's going to sink in more in a couple of days when I don't get to turn on the radio or TV and enjoy Reds baseball.

They become a routine for your day, and a part of your life from Spring Training in February until the end, whenever that is. Even the bad teams, it's tough to let go. Now the good ones, the playoff ones? It's almost cruel.

This team has a bright future. They have a young, talented core of players, and are primed to make a run for the next several years.

This summer was one of the best in a long time. It ended short, it ended poorly, and it hurts bad. That's because we're fans.

This organization is in good hands.

I can't wait until Spring Training.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 10-11-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I think it's going to sink in more in a couple of days when I don't get to turn on the radio or TV and enjoy Reds baseball.

They become a routine for your day, and a part of your life from Spring Training in February until the end, whenever that is. Even the bad teams, it's tough to let go. Now the good ones, the playoff ones? It's almost cruel.
    Same for me. I'm confident this won't be our last rodeo, but something about walking out of that park today was tough. That last inning was just electric like I've never felt in a ballpark, and for a minute, I thought we had it in us to pull it out. Such a strange, abrupt ending to the whole thing when Rolen swung and missed on that last slider. This team is good, they'll be back, but I think it's gonna hit me tomorrow when I come home and realize there's no more Reds for six months.

Im glad I was gone and did'nt get to watch.This has to be one of the biggest choke jobs ever in Reds history.This team had it all from great hitting to great pitching.To have a 2-0 lead and going home and not be able to win one game is considered choking in my book.Very dissapointed!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

This team has a bright future. They have a young, talented core of players, and are primed to make a run for the next several years.

This summer was one of the best in a long time. It ended short, it ended poorly, and it hurts bad. That's because we're fans.

This organization is in good hands.

I can't wait until Spring Training.
    That was the biggest gut punch as I left GABP today. For whatever reason I felt even before the NLDS that the Reds had it. Then of course up 2-0 coming home I was 110% absolutely certain we were playing more baseball. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the Reds yet, not this soon.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sinking in? It sunk in after we lost game 3. More so after game 4. Today was just waiting to happen. Cincinnati sports suck. I hate them. Well, I wish I could hate them. I am to stupid not to hate them unfortunately.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Yeah, it set in for me as soon as they announced Mike Leake as the starter for Game 4.

It's depressing, because it feels like the Reds are never going to take the next step. I feel like this was the best shot at winning it all this team will have for a while. They had incredible health in the rotation, they had some historically bad teams at the bottom of their division to beat up on, and their number 1 competitor (St. Louis) lost their 1 starter (Chris Carpenter).

1990 gets further and further in the rear view mirror every year.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Yeah, it set in for me as soon as they announced Mike Leake as the starter for Game 4.

It's depressing, because it feels like the Reds are never going to take the next step. I feel like this was the best shot at winning it all this team will have for a while. They had incredible health in the rotation, they had some historically bad teams at the bottom of their division to beat up on, and their number 1 competitor (St. Louis) lost their 1 starter (Chris Carpenter).

1990 gets further and further in the rear view mirror every year.
    Down the line. This year was the chance. Unless the Reds produce a few more Cueto/Votto types or dramatically increase payroll, they won't get a better chance.

Yankees sketchy, Rangers eliminated, Cards hobbled, Phillies out of the playoffs. That's a perfect storm. And the Reds, poised to take advantage, produced one of the most abject chokes in the history of playoff baseball. Good God.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Down the line. This year was the chance. Unless the Reds produce a few more Cueto/Votto types or dramatically increase payroll, they won't get a better chance.

Yankees sketchy, Rangers eliminated, Cards hobbled, Phillies out of the playoffs. That's a perfect storm. And the Reds, poised to take advantage, produced one of the most abject chokes in the history of playoff baseball. Good God.
    I really don't get this line of thinking. I see no reason why the Reds won't continue to be one of the top dogs in baseball going forward. They don't need to produce a few more Cueto/Votto types because they have the real thing locked up.

Turn Off Ads?