Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hats off to Scott Rolen

Hats off to Scott Rolen

I just want to express my thanks to Scottie Rolen. I think his influence on this club has been outstanding. Yeah, Father Time caught up with him a little bit there at the end. It was still my privilege and pleasure to watch him play. A true professional. It's a shame his last at-bat had to end the way it did. The
    Reds seemed to gel when he started playing regularly back in 2009. He has earned my respect. I think he would make one heckuva coach. Now go on and enjoy those freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hats off to Scott Rolen

Rolen was great when healthy the first year here but nothing more than mediocre after. Injury zapped him of most of his power and he has not been a productove player for two full seasons.Glad he is leaving on his terms so the Reds wont be tempted to bring him back for another year like the past two.

Even when he struggled....I want my son to play the game the way Scott did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Which is high praise indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    +1

Sad way to end a great career that said what a career he had.

hats off to scott rolen indeed. Infact he's my favorite Red. I see him playing for more years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Over da Pence View Post
    hats off to scott rolen indeed. Infact he's my favorite Red. I see him playing for more years to come.

I'll be very surprised if he is still playing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I just want to express my thanks to Scottie Rolen. I think his influence on this club has been outstanding. Yeah, Father Time caught up with him a little bit there at the end. It was still my privilege and pleasure to watch him play. A true professional. It's a shame his last at-bat had to end the way it did. The
    Reds seemed to gel when he started playing regularly back in 2009. He has earned my respect. I think he would make one heckuva coach. Now go on and enjoy those freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies.
    Thanks Texasdave...I didn't read your post but just started a new thread after reading the 'Old Guards' tribute...I will have to get those cookies to him....Looking forward to next yr!!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

blah/. at worst you could argue he threw the series away. i'm not ready to move on past that yet, professional player or not.

Leaders do what is best for the team. What was best for this leader would have been to let management know that Todd Frazier was younger, and better than he was, and step aside and watch this team win. But he didnt. Selfish in my opinion.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Scotty...it was a pleasure watching you when you were healthy, and it was tough to watch you battle thru injury. You always fought to get back and tried to be a rock on a young team. I hope you go out on your own terms and if you wanted to coach in Cincy I wouldn't have a problem with that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Leaders do what is best for the team. What was best for this leader would have been to let management know that Todd Frazier was younger, and better than he was, and step aside and watch this team win. But he didnt. Selfish in my opinion.
    I couldn't disagree with you more. It is not a player's job to remove themselves from a game. In fact I would say if he were thinking like that he should have hung them up way earlier. That being said Scott has lost a step. He was a guy that I rooted hard for, as he always played the game the right way. I don't think the reds bring him back next year. But I appreciate the time that he was here and don't believe the franchise would be as well off as they are now without him.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Completely disagree. The entire season he understood that Todd Frazier was being conditioned for 3rd base. He was and is completely okay with it whenever he didn't get the start. He is a class act through and through and I couldn't be more proud the be a Reds fan knowing that Scottie go to wear the uniform.

According to this logic, Chipper Jones is a selfish jerk.

No, Chipper hit .287 with 14 HR's and 62 RBIS's, Rolen hit .245.

Turn Off Ads?