Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Best moment for you

Best moment for you

Im sure there's probably another thread of this but i didn't see anything..

I don't post too often but I've had a few hours to process and calm down from this loss. We should be getting ready for the NLCS, but that's baseball. Were we the better team? No doubt about it. It was a helluva ride from opening day down to today.

But anyways the best moment for me this season was Homer Bailey's no hitter, kind of obvious you may think but I am one of the "select few" who has been confident with Homer's ability since the day he was drafted. He might never be an ace but imo this year he has made great strides and it gets me even more excited about what our pitching staff is going to do next year. Homer's my boy was really the first reds prospect i watched and followed so his success means a little more i guess...out of any Reds pitchers, ive been to more games with him pitching than anyone.

Here's to next year , this team is only going to get better folks' I am one that thought this was the year but when you lose your ace in game 1, your MVP not 100%, when good ol' dusty refuses to sit Stubbs dissapointments like this happen and it just wasn't in the cards for us.

And how about the way BP stepped up in these 5 games?!! DATDUDE!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Best moment for you

Homer Bailey definitely is my favorite moment. I think another moment that had me going crazy was the Joey Votto game winning home run against the Nationals early in the season. It looked like we were going to be swept but a late rally helped us get the win. Great season, sad it is over. Luckily baseball has a somewhat quick turnaround.

When the Reds swept the Cardinals at GABP. The Reds were on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball and the crowd was electric. The Reds usually play with their tail between their legs on a national TV broadcast, so it was great to see them get the sweep. The Reds were at the height of their season at that point in time. Great times.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Baileys no-no. I have Browning perfecto and listen to it often. I can quote Marty word for word. Bailey 20 years from now will be what I remember from this season.

Def Bailey's no hitter; that came out of nowhere.
    2nd close for me was being there for the home playoff game 1 to see him completely dominate- that was the game that the Giants were trying to hand us but the offense just didnt want it. Bailey looks like a lock for #3 rotation spot going into 2013.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

My top 3...

1. Homer's no-no

2. Votto's walk off granny

3. Was Jay Bruce fighting off all those pitches in that last at bat. If you coulda saw me in my man cave...LOL...I was acting like a little kid. My daughter said I looked like a fool...lol. I know it didn't turn out the way we wanted, but man it sure was exciting!!!

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    My top 3...

1. Homer's no-no

2. Votto's walk off granny

3. Was Jay Bruce fighting off all those pitches in that last at bat. If you coulda saw me in my man cave...LOL...I was acting like a little kid. My daughter said I looked like a fool...lol. I know it didn't turn out the way we wanted, but man it sure was exciting!!!
    Number 3 had the potential to be one of the single greatest moments in the entire existence of the Cincinnati Reds. That is not an overstatement.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    Number 3 had the potential to be one of the single greatest moments in the entire existence of the Cincinnati Reds. That is not an overstatement.
    You are correct...if he woulda hit a homer there, he was GOD in Cincinnati forever!!!

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    You are correct...if he woulda hit a homer there, he was GOD in Cincinnati forever!!!
    It goes beyond just that. The moment would have been immortalized much like the Bench HR in 1972, which we all know was precisely 40 years ago to the date.

The first pitch of Bruce's at bat was his best opportunity to drive the baseball. The pitch caught the heart of the plate, low in the zone. Perfect for left-handed hitters and smack in the middle of Bruce's wheelhouse. My heart almost jumped out of my throat when he swung, as I could visualize the ball soaring high into the right field stands.

If only...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Turn Off Ads?