Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thank you 'Old Red Guard' for honoring Scotty with your kind words!!

Thank you 'Old Red Guard' for honoring Scotty with your kind words!!

After we all wore ourselves out & every ounce of energy & emotion was frazzled & I relived & rehashed the game & season it was time to say 'goodbye to my friend Scotty'....Now everyone knows he's a dear family friend....& yes it hurt at first to read & hear all the awful things said about him....but I accepted that it's just part of life as an athlete....However I couldn't understand why no one understood what he brought to this team....

But alas...I found a 'Golden Thread' in the 'Old Red Guard' & it brought me to tears....there are great baseball minds out there that respect & applaud what he brought here!! A thousand thank yous to the 'Guard'....

I really am not a person to get excited about famous people at all...'we all put our pants on the same way' & actually athletes & their attitudes tend to wear me out....But I've never know anyone like Scotty....I wish I could tell you stories but I will never disrespect his privacy...I've never seen or heard of any athlete love any sport more than Scotty...His work ethic is almost scary...to put your body through more pain than you can imagine because you love the sport?? You will never here a word from him about the pain or himself...'ever'...How many older athletes do you see with that passion??

I remember watching an interview with 'Mike Schmidt' & he said Scott was the best he had ever seen...ever...
    Just one more thing...I watched the Reds play the night before Scotty was to start & I was terrified...I had no idea they were that bad & the lazyness & bad attitude was second to none...The announcers were appauled at them & just kept saying after every lazy effort "you think a guy would make some kind of effort"....They must have said it 10 times in one game....

Well anyway, no one wants to here me go on & on.....but please know Red Guard...you restored my faith.....(would love to see my boy coach for the Reds)....who knows...maybe someday....
    And thank you Scotty for the joy you brought to my family...
    Now lets go Reds we've got a new season ahead of us!!!!
    Last edited by redsrolen; 10-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Thank you 'Old Red Guard' for honoring Scotty with your kind words!!

I have been a Scott Rolen fan since he first arrived in Cincinnati. He brought maturity and taught a young ballclub how to play the game right. He has developed Votto and Bruce into solid leaders and I think he had a lot to do with Brandon kinda growing up some. It was really sad watching him struggle to get back from injury, you could tell he really wanted to help this team. In his post game comments when he hit that homer a few months back to win the game you could tell he knew he hurting the team and he was struggling with possible retirement. I don't know if he makes the Hall of Fame or not, but he is a Hall of Famer in my book, and hopefully the Reds put him in theirs!!!

Re: Thank you 'Old Red Guard' for honoring Scotty with your kind words!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I have been a Scott Rolen fan since he first arrived in Cincinnati. He brought maturity and taught a young ballclub how to play the game right. He has developed Votto and Bruce into solid leaders and I think he had a lot to do with Brandon kinda growing up some. It was really sad watching him struggle to get back from injury, you could tell he really wanted to help this team. In his post game comments when he hit that homer a few months back to win the game you could tell he knew he hurting the team and he was struggling with possible retirement. I don't know if he makes the Hall of Fame or not, but he is a Hall of Famer in my book, and hopefully the Reds put him in theirs!!!
    Thanks Mr dubc47834!

Turn Off Ads?