Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Turing Point

Re: The Turing Point

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    For me, and I mean this with 100% truth, it was when Phillips was thrown out at 3rd base. I was pissed at the time because I knew how important it was to get up on teams in elimination games. I just had a bad, bad, feeling about that play when it happened.
    Very close for me. It was at the end of the 1st Inning when the Reds were only able to get 1 run across after getting so many guys on base.

2. Turn Off Ads?

For me it was when Broxton put guys on 1st and 2nd with no outs. I was in the stands that day and realized we were in for a collapse. There is just no way a team with a WS championship under their belts doesn't cash in on such a crucial mistake. Before that inning started I figured all they had to do was survive with Broxton on the mound and we would eventually do what we've done all year and win it with late game heroics. When the run scored on the error I don't think anyone thought we could win that game. The bats went cold after the 1st and what are the odds both teams go from hot to cold in the 10th inning?
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

Re: The Turning Point

Heisey not starting in CF once the series got back to Cincinnati.
    Last edited by goreds2; 10-14-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    As soon as game 3 was lost I got "The Fear"
    Ditto this. After game 3, I told my hubby that it was done. They were finished. Dunno why, just felt it.

Scott Rolens error in game 3. After that i knew we would lose game 4, then after getting pummeled in game 4 i knew the Reds were defeated mentally. Team isn't used to having success in the postseason and the first thing that went wrong destroyed them

Quote Originally Posted by boiseheidleberg View Post
    I know it's the day after and everyone is trying to move on. I meant to post this last night but time got away from me so here's the question. At what point in the series do you think it went from, "Alright, no team has ever came back from losing thier first two games at home", to "Oh no, no team has ever came back from losing thier first two games at home". Was it Rolen's error, Cueto's injury, Cueto's announced DL, or something else.
    When Dusty stuck with Latos too long

Turn Off Ads?