Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Adobe Flash Player problems

Adobe Flash Player problems

Over the last several weeks, I've been having ongoing problems with Adobe Flash Player. It occurs here on Redszone with the ads, but it's not exclusive to RZ. It happens on lots of websites.

The screen hangs and then finally a pop-up occurs that says:

A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort this script? Following this, it clears and then, when this occurs on RZ, the ad shows "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" and it asks if I want to send a crash report.

I use Firefox version 15.0.1 which shows as the most recent version. The Flash Player is also current, version 11.4.402.287 (yikes, that's a lot of updating if I'm understanding the scheme for versions). Both my computer here at work and at home are running Windows XP Home Edition, version 5.1 Service Pack 3.

Any ideas on this problem or a solution?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adobe Flash Player problems

I've had a ton of issues with the past couple Flash Player releases so I ended up rolling back to an older version and the problems went away.

I'm guessing it's related to your PC getting overloaded. (The operative term is "guessing".) How often do you clear your cookies and browser history? Have you defragmented lately? Is your computer moving any slower in general? Is your internet as fast as it has been in the past?

I've been having the same problem on my Mac. Chrome became useless (even with a reinstall) so I started using Firefox as my primary browser but it has all of the problems you name above. Safari isn't really an option because it is sooooo slow. Sad that my snappiest browser is the one on my ipad!

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    I've had a ton of issues with the past couple Flash Player releases so I ended up rolling back to an older version and the problems went away.
    I had to do this same thing. Latest versions of Flash and Firefox are mortal enemies it seems.

Be careful my computer had to go in. Apparently there is a virus that mimics legit flash files that exploits a weakness in Adobe. It gives you the script thing and then a window pops up that looks very real telling you to update Flash. My wife clicked on it. Bad idea. Some sort of nasty Trojan, hid all my files, hid important stuff in the temporary files that I deleted. I gave up and sent it in to my computer expert cousin. He says it is some new class of Trojan. AntiMalware and AntiVirus haven't caught up just yet. My computer should be ok, but it cost time and money to fix it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I had problems with it on Chrome. Haven't had too many problems with Firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I haven't used firefox lately, much less updated it, but I have found that sometimes a new browser update isn't 100% compatible with flash/java/etc. That said it could be from either front (firefox update or the flash.)

nmculbreth is on the right track I think. Sometimes when something is updated you get some problems for a bit, and it's best to revert to a stable version until the devs get it worked through. It's a solid main reason not to update noncritical things until it's confirmed safe. If it's an update for a security risk then you are most likely better off going with the update.

Clearing your cookies and cache helps, but you also have the clear the flash cache. That is what has helped me the most. On the Mac you access it through the system preferences... have to look at my work PC to remember how to so it on Windows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Turn Off Ads?