Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible Managerial Candidates

Re: Possible Managerial Candidates

If Baker is fired, he would immediately be at the top of nearly everyone's list who is looking for a manager next year. He definitely would be a better option than anyone listed in this thread.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cox isn't unretiring.

I pray that LaRussa isn't, either.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Cox isn't unretiring.

I pray that LaRussa isn't, either.
    Or Torre

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Orel Hershiser, David Bell and Dave Martinez. Short list and I'd keep it that way.
    I like the Martinez pick... And briefly he was a Red

Lou Pinella. What better situation to come out of retirement?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I believe that Martinez is clearly the best of the non-retreads out there if a change must be made.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Plus RedsZone may finally get its wish and see Ryan Hanigan at the top of the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I believe that Martinez is clearly the best of the non-retreads out there if a change must be made.
    What is his resume?
    Why is he considered a hot commodity?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    What is his resume?
    Why is he considered a hot commodity?
    Joe Maddon protege'.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Let's face it, the names out there don't seem to be that great, and I hope that Dusty is back.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I agree. I'm a huge fan of Hershiser too, but I think Martinez has more pertinent coaching experience. Maddon has noted several times that Martinez is responsible for a great deal of the daily operations of the Rays.

Bell is an intriguing candidate and knows the game as thoroughly as anyone. I think the jury may still be out on his ability to develop players. He's at least close to becoming a serious candidate or a MLB coach.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I agree. I'm a huge fan of Hershiser too, but I think Martinez has more pertinent coaching experience. Maddon has noted several times that Martinez is responsible for a great deal of the daily operations of the Rays.

Bell is an intriguing candidate and knows the game as thoroughly as anyone. I think the jury may still be out on his ability to develop players. He's at least close to becoming a serious candidate or a MLB coach.
    Any insight into Bell's in-game management skills? Or do AAA managers have their hands tied too much by organizational directives to get a good indication how they perform?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Any insight into Bell's in-game management skills? Or do AAA managers have their hands tied too much by organizational directives to get a good indication how they perform?
    3rd generation legacy guy?

He'll be like all the others before him is my guess, The Book.. and not Tom Tango's

3rd generation legacy guy?

He'll be like all the others before him is my guess, The Book.. and not Tom Tango's
    If that is the choice, then I say keep Dusty.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Ok I'll throw a name out!!

What do you all think Lloyd McClendon and what he could do with this team? He done a good job with the pirates with the players they had.With a team like the reds I think he could do a much better job than when he was with the pirates.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Turn Off Ads?