Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty 1 year contract

Dusty 1 year contract

"I've heard from some that he's already signed a one year contract" - Marty

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lances...#ixzz296oe6P4f

idk if it's true obviously but I wouldn't mind it.. seems like a one year contract means 2013 world series or Dusty is gone

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty 1 year contract

I think any contract to dusty is just prolonging the inevitable. He has taken this team as far as he can, it's time for Bob and Walt to make a move.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

good.

While it possible to win it all with Dusty his lack of tactical ability, which is magnified in a short series, definitely places them at a disadvantage and lengthens the odds regardless of how much talent we may have.

Well, it gives the fine people of Redszone a hot topic to discuss throughout the off-season, if true.

i don't understand why Dusty would take a 1 year deal? I mean he's always been able to find a job.

I don't understand why the org would mess with1 year. You either believe in him and give him a multi-year deal or you don't believe in him and move in another direction.

EMAW

Doubt he signs
    LaRussa or Valentine will be great for clubhouse chemistry

I've hated Dusty for too long, it is time they let him go so I can start hating a new manager

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I've hated Dusty for too long, it is time they let him go so I can start hating a new manager
    I agree, a lot of people HATE Dusty, amazing to me. Lots of people HATED Nolan Richardson at Arkansas when I worked there as well. Amazing similarities, highly successful and for some unknown reason both guys are HATED vigorously and every move they make is questioned because they are not good "strategists"

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Doubt he signs
    LaRussa or Valentine will be great for clubhouse chemistry
    i hope this is a joke.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    i hope this is a joke.
    Those two are held in high regard by the Reds decision makers, both are available and would satisfy the Baker HATERS who yearn for a manager the players do not trust or like. Perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Those two are held in high regard by the Reds decision makers, both are available and would satisfy the Baker HATERS who yearn for a manager the players do not trust or like. Perfect fit
    Nobody wants Valentine. Not even Valentine's wife.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

i always wondered what this team would do with Pinella back at the helm?? He wouldnt tolerate Super K wasting ABs!

I think there are 3 main reasons we lost the series.

1. Cueto got hurt after 1/3 of an inning
    2. Votto's knee was not right
    3. Game 3

I don't put a lot of blame on Dusty for any of those. Baseball is a funny game, we gave ourselves a chance and couldn't deliver in the big moments. I'm glad he'll be back.

Turn Off Ads?