Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

  1. #1
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,435

    Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    He is entering free agency and wants to cash in like most of today's players, so he will be leaving the Cards. They won't pay him what he wants. You know he will only go with a contender unless he is offered CRAZY money.

    My thinking is that knowing the NL hitters he will prefer to stay in the NL. Now I don't know if Walt brought Kyle to St. Louis, but I think he did. We all know that Walt covets his old aquisitions....the list is too long to mention.

    In my mind that makes the Reds the number 1 team in contention for his services. I don't know the payroll situation in Cincy, so I won't address that. What teams would he concider moving to? Philly? No. He can't be the MAN there. LA? No. They have spent too much already.....so that reasonably leaves the Giants, Nats, Braves and REDS.

    I think the Reds will have the inside track. You think?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    He is entering free agency and wants to cash in like most of today's players, so he will be leaving the Cards. They won't pay him what he wants. You know he will only go with a contender unless he is offered CRAZY money.

    My thinking is that knowing the NL hitters he will prefer to stay in the NL. Now I don't know if Walt brought Kyle to St. Louis, but I think he did. We all know that Walt covets his old aquisitions....the list is too long to mention.

    In my mind that makes the Reds the number 1 team in contention for his services. I don't know the payroll situation in Cincy, so I won't address that. What teams would he concider moving to? Philly? No. He can't be the MAN there. LA? No. They have spent too much already.....so that reasonably leaves the Giants, Nats, Braves and REDS.

    I think the Reds will have the inside track. You think?
    Depends what we do with Leake.

    If we decide to keep him than sure. But I think there eyeing on letting Chapman be a starter next season. Personally I think leake will either be dealt or sent to AAA. Probably AAA, since he'll be used as a backup.

    We still have Arroyo till 2014 as well. So we don't really need replacing.

    Plus I see Loshe sticking with the Cards imo.

  4. #3
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Depends what we do with Leake.

    If we decide to keep him than sure. But I think there eyeing on letting Chapman be a starter next season. Personally I think leake will either be dealt or sent to AAA. Probably AAA, since he'll be used as a backup.

    We still have Arroyo till 2014 as well. So we don't really need replacing.

    Plus I see Loshe sticking with the Cards imo.
    Nope...it's a done deal. They shook hands and bid him good luck. He's gone.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10
    I remember a Kyle lohse that pitched for us. My answer would have to be oh heck no.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    He better not, whoever signs him will get a bust and I hope its not us.

  7. #6
    Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Chapman will not be in the rotation, he's a closer from here on out. He crushes the role and provides confidence every time he comes in late in the game, whereas if he's a starter you really don't know what you're going to get...and if you try him in the rotation for two months, it doesn't work out and he goes back to closer and has his confidence ruined, how stupid does the club look? When the strength of your team is a pitching staff that's won 97 games, you only change weaknesses....the closer spot is not a weakness. The fifth spot and a few bullpen arms are all that will change.

    New back on topic:

    Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Arroyo, Lohse? That's a crazy good rotation. The Reds didnt have Price when Lohse was last here.

  8. #7
    Retro-Gamer Krawhitham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,732

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Chapman will not be in the rotation, he's a closer from here on out. He crushes the role and provides confidence every time he comes in late in the game
    He does not like the role and he is not built for the roll. They shut him down twice this year with arm fatigue. Once for a week then then again for two weeks

  9. #8
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Lohse playing for the Reds would INSURE another cen div win

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    254

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    He does not like the role and he is not built for the roll. They shut him down twice this year with arm fatigue. Once for a week then then again for two weeks
    Exactly.

    Plus the plan was always to have Chapman start, and chapman has always stated that he has wanted to start as well.

    I look at this way. Would I prefer a potential ace in the rotation who can go 8 innings every time he's out there? Or would I prefer just 1 inning here and there? The answers clear. Let him start, if he fails, he can go back to the closers role.

  11. #10
    Member VirginiaPreps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Don't you think the mega dollars it would take to sign Lohse would be better spent elsewhere?

    I agree plugging him into the rotation would make it super good.

    Lohse is likely to demand big bucks and some pitching poor team that fancies itself a contender will pay them

    The Reds need at least one outfielder a thirdbaseman (depending) on where you plug Frazier, not to mention some decent bench depth.

    I would put the money you would use on Lohse towards acquiring more offense!

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    I would say no because it is akin to buying a stock at its peak. He won't be cheap coming off last season.

  13. #12
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Depends what we do with Leake.

    If we decide to keep him than sure. But I think there eyeing on letting Chapman be a starter next season. Personally I think leake will either be dealt or sent to AAA. Probably AAA, since he'll be used as a backup.

    We still have Arroyo till 2014 as well. So we don't really need replacing.

    Plus I see Loshe sticking with the Cards imo.
    No way. The cards have 5 big time right handed starters (Miller, Rosenthal, Kelly, Carlos martinez, and Michael Wacha) on the cusp of pitching in the bigs and all with amazing talent. Thats why so many cardinals fans were pised about the cardinals signing westbrook to a 2 year extension

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    No way. The cards have 5 big time right handed starters (Miller, Rosenthal, Kelly, Carlos martinez, and Michael Wacha) on the cusp of pitching in the bigs and all with amazing talent. Thats why so many cardinals fans were pised about the cardinals signing westbrook to a 2 year extension
    Wow, must be nice having 5 Stephen Strassburg's in the waiting...

  15. #14
    Salukifan2
    Guest

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    Maybe not quite Strassburg's but reds fans saw miller on the last day of the reg season. The reds started all their regulars and Miller made them all look stupid except for phillips who had a couple hard hit balls for out. If youve been watching the cards nats season youve seen Kelly and Rosenthal and how they have been absolutly mowing down the nats. Martines is in triple a and is literally the same pitcher that pedro was at the same age except with better stuff (thats mlb analysts saying that, not me). And wacha K'd 40 batters in 20 inning he got after being drafted out of texas a&m. In 2 months he moved from the gulf coast league to double A.

  16. #15
    Member Tuff Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NW, Tn.
    Posts
    316

    Re: Does Jockety go after Kyle Lohse?

    The Reds have pitching. It is offense that needs a pick-me-up, or three.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25